Complaint Review: Signature Motor Club

• Updated: Sat, April 14, 2012

• Reported By: danny7747 — Durham North Carolina United States of America
Signature Motor Club
PO 968008 Schaumburg, Illinois United States of America

Signature Motor Club Wards / Wal-Mart signature Motor Club Club Dues beong Charge and I not a member Schaumburg , Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Signature affiliates

*General Comment: Written notice

James D. R, Sr
Durham, NC 27712
April 14, 2012
Ref: Membership No: 00046941764Who Authorized this?

Customer Care
Manager
Wards / Wal-Mart Wards
PO Box 968008
Schaumburg, Ill. 60173
Dear Madame / Sir:
On April 14, 2012, I received a letter from Signature Motor Club stating that my current membership is due to renew on 23-Apr-12. And for my convenience my membership dues of $8.99 will be billed to my Wards / Wal-Mart Wards account ending 3853.
The problem with all of the above information, I cancelled my club membership 2-years ago and join AARP.  I called your toll-free number 1-800-616-9286 today and they told me I was still a member of Signature Motor Club.  I find it to be odd that I was a member of the Signature Motor Club and they did not send me any literature or handbooks and not even a renewal notice until today.  The club membership fees must have been buried in finance charges and other non-essential information.  I feel like I was taken advantage of financially for 2-years.  That totals up to $8.99 for 24 month is well over $200.00.

I feel and I will stand behind this feeling and share it on whatever level I need to take this to get it resolved.  I have and is still a member of AARP auto club.  I have documentation to support this statement.  You say I am a member of the Signature Motor Club, however you sent me no literature, no reference card, no hand book, and no renewal letter until today.  In closing what do I want: please reimburse my monthly dues that were taken out of my Wal-Mart account without my authorization?

Sincerely,
James D. R, Sr.
Dissatisfied Customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Signature-Motor-Club/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Signature-Motor-Club-Wards-Wal-Mart-signature-Motor-Club-Club-Dues-beong-Charge-and-I-no-868641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Signature Motor Club

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Signature affiliates

AUTHOR: JohnS - ()

FWIW, AARP motor club is administered by Signature, which of course is now owned by Allstate.

#2 General Comment

Written notice

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Courts will find this matter more believing if you have the certified letter - Return receipt of the cancellation notice you mailed. I'm sure you have that in your well kept files. As consumers "know" that any membership cancellation is best done via written notice and with dates/acknowledgments by both entities.

I often encourage folks to NOT use email or phones to cancel but rather GET IT IN WRITING with paperwork in order should it come back to haunt you. Most memberships have a terms for cancellation notice and how to process such. If they dont, then dont join. It could be a perpetual nightmare to get it halted.

Your error is in not keeping good records on the charges and noticing it was being extracted from your account.