Complaint Review: Signtronix - northern Leasing Systems Inc - equipment Finance Lease

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By:columbia Kentucky
Signtronix - northern Leasing Systems Inc - equipment Finance Lease
132 West 31 St.14 Floor New York New York New York, New York U.S.A.

Northern Leasing Company Inc - equipment Finance Lease - signtronix I too have been ripped off. I was told that if I helped my son buy the sign, it would generate more business, and they did not explain to me that it was a noncancellabe contract, they also said they had to have $700 in advance to get this and also a valid credit card, and yes they took me for a ride. New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding?!

*Consumer Comment: Glad I found Rip Off Report first -

*UPDATE Employee: Why did you sign for someone else?

I am 62 years old what do I need with a lite up 5' 5" sign? I can't get out of this either. My son was assured that it would bring in more business and since then it has closed up, and I have gotten stuck with the payments, all because they used my credit card to get the additional $700 plus my signature on the contract.

The slick salesman did not explain to me that it was a noncancellable contract. I have or had good credit until these people got what they needed. They harrass me 2/3 times every week, and when I send one payment in, they have 2 mailing addresses and the one that gets it will not call the other one to inform them that they recieved it, this has been going on for 3 months.

Also my contract states that my payments are 167.03 for 36 months, I got a letter the other day stating that the payments are 182.05 and additional fees and taxes could incur. Are they voiding the contract? Sounds to me like they are.

I spoke to an attorney and he said that I had to pay or else they would come after me. I don't care anymore, the constant phone calls are killing me, I don't have caller id, and have no way of knowing who it is, so now I just don't ans.

plese someone help me, I am to old for this. I have cried and cried.

Rita
columbia, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Signtronix-northern-Leasing-Systems-Inc-equipment-Finance-Lease/New-York-New-York-10005095/Northern-Leasing-Company-Inc-equipment-Finance-Lease-signtronix-I-too-have-been-ripped-398083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Signtronix - northern Leasing Systems Inc - equipment Finance Lease

Are you kidding?!

AUTHOR: Vincent - (United States of America)

Calling a business owner a thief in this situation is unprofessional. After reading through these complaints (I was going to apply) I'm stunned that no one from management is refuting these complaints and making any effort to make these merchants 'whole'. That speaks volumes about integrity IMHO.

Glad I found Rip Off Report first -

AUTHOR: Burned By 2 Many - (U.S.A.)

I just got something through a job site in my state, and it was offering an interview for next week. Glad that I have learned to look at ripoff report first. 'Anonymous' has a rebuttle that Rita is a THEIF??? - I will now ignore the interview request, as now I am CONVINCED this is a scam built for high pressure BS artists who pressure people to buy their junk... And my guess is that most of the sales people, sans the manager, get screwed in the process too. Why don't these companies just come clean with what they do? "We sell signs door to door" - there, was that so hard??? - Instead, we all get "come in to our informational interview, we'll show you a video of what our company can do for you, then talk one on one" - If Signtronix would hire someone who would come on here and call a woman who is obviously upset, who tried to help her son A THEIF... it's nothing I want to have anything to do with... Respectable sales people don't have to do this kind of crap... all you who are working there should be ashamed.

AUTHOR: Anoymous - (U.S.A.)

When you signed your name on the contract, it meant that you will ensure that the payments will be met. It does not matter what has happened to the business - you have made your personal gurantee that you would pay for the goods you purchased. Would you go into a retail store and take a TV off the shelf and give the clerk $20.00 for it, then walk out? Wouldn't you expect to be arrested for theft? It's the same thing. That is why you're being harrassed. Because your basically a thief. You should feel lucky that they're only sueing you, not putting you in jail.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC