Complaint Review: Silver Leaf Resorts

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: Debra D — Lockport Illinois
Silver Leaf Resorts
2558 N 3653rd Rd Sheridan, Illinois USA

SilverLeaf Resorts Fox River Resort Silverleaf Owner - they tell you anything at all to get you to purchase, watch out after that all the rules change. Sheridan Illinois

This resort uses false tactics to get you to purchase your ownership.  They have color codes dates, which they have changed since our purchase date.  We were intilted to use there resort form November through March.  A few years after we purchased they suddenly blocked out the holiday weeks.  You could only use those if you purchased their premier package.  Also, when we purchased our package we were told we were able to go to any of their resort locations and many other sources to utilize during our color coded period of time.  Another lie, they have taken away the ability to use the Resort along the coast lines and on at their Texas Island location.  This was a total waste of our money and the being lied to is very annoying and is getting very old.  Knowing I would have to pay I attempted to book December 28th a Friday night - 1 night stay.  This is when i was informed that the color code did not match.  We had access all of the winter months to any of their resorts when purchased as stated above.  Now all of a sudden being told we can not use any of their facilities during this time frame.

Imagine my surprise and anger!  I have really had it over the last 10 years of ownership they continually take some form of our originally purchased package away.  Then lie and tell you that it was always this way.  I or my husbands memories are not incorrect nor are we the only ones being lied to about this facility.

It is a total rip off and wish I had never purchased, this is a definate buyer beware.  Because as we all no trying to sell one of these is very difficult which is another thing they lie to you about.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silver-Leaf-Resorts/Sheridan-Illinois-60551/SilverLeaf-Resorts-Fox-River-Resort-Silverleaf-Owner-they-tell-you-anything-at-all-to-g-1106995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silver Leaf Resorts