Complaint Review: Silver Shadows Apartment Complex

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 11, 2007

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
Silver Shadows Apartment Complex
8301 West Charleston Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Silver Shadows Apartment Complex Gave permission to towing company to tow car after giving me the 'ok' to park Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: You have recourse

I am a peaceful person, I do not like to cause trouble. I pay my rent on time, I pay my bills on time. I work this summer and attend college in the fall. I knew that my mother was going to send me the tags that go on my car soon. I checked the mail, sure enough, they were there. I walked over to my car only to find that the car was gone. i went to the management, they said they gave permission to the towing company to tow my car.

"You guys gave me a piece of paper stating I could park here, and to not tow it until my new tags came".

"Yes, we did, but the towing company couldn't see the note. So we gave them permission to tow it."

"You gave them permission to tow the car EVEN though you KNEW that you had given me permission to keep my car there until my new tags arrived?"

I was hung up several times after this. They also refused to see me in person. I feel like I was really wronged, especially since they admitted they knew it was my car.. Had I been 1/2 hr sooner the tags would have been on my car and no problem would have risen. Don't deal with these jerks, they are the kind of people that lie to your face and have no respect.

las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2007 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silver-Shadows-Apartment-Complex/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Silver-Shadows-Apartment-Complex-Gave-permission-to-towing-company-to-tow-car-after-giving-266668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silver Shadows Apartment Complex

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You have recourse

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I drove a tow truck in Las Vegas and it appears that the apartment complex is liable for your damages as they have apparently violated NRS as well as CCO.

Both Nevada Revised Statutes and Clark County Ordinance REQUIRE any tow from private property meet certain requirements.

The first being a clearly posted towing policy as well as the name of the tow company and phone number along with the NRS reference on the sign. There are standards for the design and posting of the sign.

If the spot you were posted in was not clearly posted with a sign, you need to file complaints against the apt complex as well as the tow company. You can also sue them for your losses in small claims court.

Did you get the parking permission in writing? Or just verbal? Were there witnesses if it was verbal?

Also, was the car on the public street or actually on the private property? If it was on the public street, the tow was completely legal, as NRS and CCO both require any vehicle on public roads be currently tagged and insured.

Good luck.