Complaint Review: Silver State Carpet Care AKA United Carpet Cleaning

• Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By: Very Unhappy — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Silver State Carpet Care AKA United Carpet Cleaning
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Silver State Carpet Care AKA United Carpet Cleaning "CONSUMER ALERT"" DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY BY ALL MEANS!!!! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Silver State Carpet Care customer!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: misconception

CONSUMER ALERT - PLEASE READ

First off this company Silver State Carpet Care used to go by United Carpet Cleaning and are located in Las Vegas Nevada.  Come to find out they ran United Carpet Cleaning into the ground with loads of customer complaints now they are going by Silver State Carpet Care and advertise all over Las Vegas / Henderson area.

BEWARE of this company because they will pull the old bait and switch with you.  They will lure you in with their unbelievable price of 3 rooms for $49.95 or 4 rooms for $59.95, but when the Tech shows up (and by the way you can't understand what he is saying due to the heavy accent) he will use the tactic of he needs to do a spot cleaning to determine how dirty your carpet is.  When the Tech is finished with the spot cleaning he will then scare you into thinking you need all this deep cleaning and chemical treatment done in order to get a really clean carpet and this is when the price jumps to hundreds of dollars.  DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!! and it is a scam.

The Tech tried pulling this with us and I would not tolerate it for one bit.  I had to get really firm with him and get in his face.  I told him I want the carpets cleaned and for the price that was advertised and that is it.  He did the carpet (and you notice I did not use the word clean) and they look no different than they did before.  Very poor service and extremely poor customer service as well.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF AND WILL NOT BE HAPPY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2010 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silver-State-Carpet-Care-AKA-United-Carpet-Cleaning/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Silver-State-Carpet-Care-AKA-United-Carpet-Cleaning-CONSUMER-ALERT-DO-NOT-USE-THIS-COM-589372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silver State Carpet Care AKA United Carpet Cleaning

Silver State Carpet Care customer!!

AUTHOR: Ely - (United States of America)

Ok lets start by saying in the 15 years as a home owner in different states including Nevada this is the worst company I have ever encountered when it comes to carpet cleaning.

I called Silver State Carpet Cleaning (702-583-6711) because there was a coupon, 4 rooms $59.00 that came in the mail.
So a young hispanic guy named Abraham  with a heavy accent comes out and tells me my carpets look good and I really don't need a deep cleaning so he tries to up sell me 49.00 pre treatment more on top of the 59.00 for 4 rooms  and 20.00 for a hallway, so the carpets will really look clean. I told him no that I just need a vomit stain removed, my toddler had a accident and I need that clean out of the carpet.

So he begins we go down stairs he finishes in 5 minutes flat. He supposedly cleaned 1000 sq ft in 5 minutes.
I go check the vomit stain it is still there he tells me that he told me that I should have paid the 49.00 so it would have removed it .
I told him that is not true I would have never agreed to have him steam clean it and not get the smell or stain out.
He gave me a bunch of excuses why it did not come out and would not re clean the area, I told him I was not happy with the service and I would like to speak to someone. He gave me a phone number and the person to speak to. At this point the guy  leaves and I call the next day since it was Sunday and no one was in there office.
I speak to Roy  on Monday who has a heavy accent and he tells me they will resend the tech. So Tuesday morning comes around the same guy Abraham  comes out and says he is here to clean up the stain. He goes up stairs and sprays some kind of chemical on the carpet and I ask him if he is going to steam clean the area again?

He gives me a BS excuses that he can't re-steam clean the carpet and ask me for a rag so he can clean up.
At this point he is cleaning up the area with a rag I gave him and is mumbling in Spanish. Little does he know I am fluent in Spanish, I don't look it but I am Hispanic. He is mumbling that "he should be charging me double for having him come out and clean the carpet again".  I this point I just wanted him out of my house he said he was done and was polite while he was speaking English to me. I did not make a big deal out of what I heard him say earlier  since I just wanted him out of my house.

So as soon as he left I called my regular carpet cleaner who was not able to come out the first time on Sunday. Triple J Carpet Cleaning 702-235-1412. What a difference a really good carpet cleaning company makes, he also charge me less then the other company charger me and got the stain out.

Customer Beware OF SILVER STATE CARPET CARE !!!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

misconception

AUTHOR: silver state carpet - (USA)

silver state carpet care bought out united carpet cleaning. we also, kept thier employes as a service to the state of nevada. thus, not adding to the high unemployement rate in nevada. as professionals we retrained the aquired employees from united carpet cleaning.

first of all when a potential customer calls for an estimate that is just what it means...ESTIMATE...... the estimate is given based purely by the information the customer gives us. we ask for details about the condition of the carpets in question. example...do you have any deep stains,do you have any pets or pet stains, what was the last time you had your carpets cleanned? at the end of the estimate we also, inform the customer that when the technician arrives he will be able to asses the carpets in question. the technician then gives a deminstration as to what needs to be done to make the carpets look and last the best. when the carpets are in bad condition the technician has to use special chemicals and or treatments. thus, it will increase the price. the chemicals we use are enviromentally friendly for humans and animals. these chemical and treatments (ie) protector is an additional charge. we have to buy them and we also, have to charge for the use of them. we also, make sure that the customer is satisfied. when and if the customer is not completely satisfied we will send the technician back to re-due the job over at no additional charge. i feel that silver state carpet care is an upstanding and professionally run company. siver state carpet care has never had a bad report from the better business bureau. i do apologize for any misconception of an estimate verses a job completion.