Complaint Review: SilverBridge;

• Submitted: Fri, October 12, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: bran — Georgia USA
SilverBridge;

SilverBridge; Silver Bridge eTherapy & Counseling; SilverBridge Social Media Management; Elana Winfrey; The Bridges Center Fraud - Same scam, different name Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Elana Winfrey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Its true

This company is just an extension of Elana Winfrey's failed previous company The Bridges Center, in which she had to file bankruptcy due to being arrested for Medicaid fraud and not being able to pay employees. She had opened "SilverBridge - Be the Change" for women and young girls seeking counseling but has not posted on the site in a long time. I am PRAYING it is because the powers that be saw the light and FINALLY took her license. She is a disgrace! She ripped off most of her former employees as well as the government. Now she has undertaken this Social Media Management company and she is continuing the trend. Look up Veronica Davis (her long time accomplace) - She is listed on Ripoff Report for defrauding someone as well!

Please, if you know what is good for you, avoid Elana Winfrey at all costs. She WILL rip you off. It is in her blood. I don't think she knows how to do anything else. The lives she ruined at The Bridges Center are probably in the hundreds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SilverBridge/internet/SilverBridge-Silver-Bridge-eTherapy-Counseling-SilverBridge-Social-Media-Management-E-954052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SilverBridge;

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Elana Winfrey

AUTHOR: Elana Winfrey, MEd, LPC - (USA)

Rip Off Report Guidelines --"Rumors, speculation, or innuendo unless you have personal knowledge that your statements are true.

Very few of the statements in this report are true (as is with most reports on the site. Surprised it still exists). But I will address the report. The Bridges Center was closed, by me, in January 2012, voluntarily, due to financial difficulties in bringing in revenue to pay staff and operating expenses. People make assumptions that if your doors are open, you are 'making money.'  Any business owner knows this is not necessarily true. My family lost almost everything in the process of trying to keep the doors open.

Additionally, not sure how this rumor was developed, but my license was never taken, nor any sanctions brought against me in any way. No State agency ever contacted me about closing our doors, nor conducted an official investigation for any reason. Although this was reported to media by employees, this, I have confirmed, was never reported to media by an official State entity, because it did not happen. I chose to close the agency for the sake of all effected by the financial stress: employees, consumers, and self. it was a great decision, as I can now focus my time and energy on what I do best. Helping people to get better and be better.

Knowing that the financial difficulties effected so many, in so many ways, is a stressor that I will always carry with me. How can I not. As the leader of such a large entity, I was ultimately responsible to ensuring that all aspects of the business were executed, but trying to do so as an individual left at the helm, was beyond overwhelming, and thus adequate process execution, did not occur. For that I do humbly apologize.

Because of my marketing "know how" we grew very fast , in a very short period of time, and thus did not adjust to State changes well, as they occurred. Being big is not always a 'good' thing. I hope that my past experience, of building an entity that did help so many people in need, will be of useful benefit to those who consistently inquire about 'what went well.' I am happy to share all of the lessons learned. -Elana Winfrey, MEd, LPC

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Its true

AUTHOR: Kayisha - (United States of America)

Is this still being pursued? I use to work for them