Complaint Review: Silverleaf Resorts Dallas

• Updated: Tue, June 29, 2010

• Reported By: Myron — dallas Texas United States of America
Silverleaf Resorts Dallas
dallas, Texas United States of America

Silverleaf Resorts Dallas Craig Lee Brenda Tosso Scam. Deceptive sales tactics and flat out lies dallas, Texas

I was invited to a sales presentation at silverleaf resorts in feb of this year. I went with the idea of not buying anything but the sales staff made my wife and I feel really comfortable. We told Craig that we would not to be able to come up with the huge downpayment so he worked out a deal to where we paid the deposit out in a few installments. The problems started when we actually visited the resort(s). First we went to the Villages. It was ok but nothing like we had been told at the sales presentation. The units looked old and outdated. There was not a warm feeling when we went to the activity center either. My wife and i felt as if everyone had to stop and stare at us. We then went to check out the grounds. Horrible. We drove two hours for this. and its costing how much! the next week we went to Lake of the woods. Once again not bad just not what we were expecting. They really sell minature golf. How about mini minature golf. 4 holes and not an obstacle to be found. Totally sucks. The lake is nice but i can see that without being at silverleaf. I called customer service and the lady flat out told me that I was lying about the resort. Imagine that, Im calling to try to tell them that i am unhappy and the woman wants to say it isnt true. Is she a mind reader/lie detector operator? i asked what it would take to get a refund and she said that my loan was now through the bank and there was nothing that she could do. Then in the same breath she said that she could let me out of my contract but with no refunds to me. Which is it? Does Silverleaf hold the loan or is it from the bank? Lies all the way around. Do not use these people, they sell you a dream only to find out that it is a nightmare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2010 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverleaf-Resorts-Dallas/dallas-Texas-/Silverleaf-Resorts-Dallas-Craig-Lee-Brenda-Tosso-Scam-Deceptive-sales-tactics-and-flat-ou-618786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverleaf Resorts Dallas