Complaint Review: Silverleaf Resorts Fox River Resort

• Submitted: Mon, August 13, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By:peru Illinois
Silverleaf Resorts Fox River Resort
2558 N 3653 Rd Sheridan, Illinois U.S.A.

Silverleaf Resorts Fox River Resort In human selling tactics Sheridan Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: View from one ex to another!

if you own a time share threw Silver leaf Resorts..Look out! for 1 yr. I worked as a "member services sales rep".I had my own office, business cards, the works.When you walked into my office you knew at once you were dealing with a professional.

let me start off by saying i was trained at selling time share vacations from the Master professional liar, Mr Craig Scheffler.I am a tremenduos people person, and armed with those qualities, and the true belief in what i was selling, made me Top Rep, made me 45,000 in 5 months!!

and then one day a customer of mine calls me and says hey the program you just sold me (the diamond plus) isnt real!! of course i was defensive, i would never lie to a client, (i have to see them several times a yr.) She canceled her account until i could prove otherwise. So i went at once to Mr. scheffler,

I explained the situation and he said well it does not exist, obviously didnt do a good job of selling her in the first place! i felt betrayed. I went to a few others in the office and they reaffirmed it, its all bullshit. I felt used,i promised my self that no matter what i would not l;ie to people to get big pay checks. Mr. scheffler gave me a lesson on "verbage" its all in how u present it.

The part of the program that is a lie is called
point,click, stay. they charge u extra to make reservations on line, but everyone can already use it for free,they just dont know it. Its through rci-resort cond.International.

I also discovered sales people forging signatures, swiping credit cards without permission, and concealing contract documents from clients. specifically about monthly pmt amts. The pmts wouldnt start for 2 months and by that time the clients "right to recission" would lapse. so when i took this to my boss with serious concern guess what happened? on July21 i pronounced top rep with highest earnings for the month of June! and Sunday July 22 i was fired. Its at will employment!

nancy
peru, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2007 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverleaf-Resorts-Fox-River-Resort/Sheridan-Illinois-60551/Silverleaf-Resorts-Fox-River-Resort-In-human-selling-tactics-Sheridan-Illinois-267154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverleaf Resorts Fox River Resort

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

View from one ex to another!

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

Being an ex employee myself, my feelings are that if you felt that bad about what you were doing, maybe you shouldn't have cashed those big checks.  I wonder, if you were not fired, would you still be with them?  Hmmmm!