Complaint Review: Silverleaf Resorts, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2007

• Reported By:Naperville Illinois
Silverleaf Resorts, Inc.
2558 N 3653rd, Sheridan, IL, 60551 Sheridan, Illinois U.S.A.

Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. Deceptive sales pitches! They lie! Don't buy! Ripoff Sheridan Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: thats a common sales tactic to get the sale

I was blatantly lied to so that I would purchase a timeshare unit. The salespeople are employed to tell you anything and everything you want to hear.

I was told that if I purchased a "blue week" in 6 to 12 months I would have enough equity built up to purchase a "red week" and have the same monthly payments. When I returned a couple weeks later to review my purchase, I was told that it would not be possible for me to do that what-so-ever. So now I'm stuck with a unit I don't want which can only be used at a time when I cannot use it.

I have tried to sell my unit, or at least be freed from my contract, for several months with no results.

Please, please, PLEASE research a company before you sign anything or make any kind of financial commitment. I cannot stress this enough.

SB
Naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2007 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverleaf-Resorts-Inc/Sheridan-Illinois-60551/Silverleaf-Resorts-Inc-Deceptive-sales-pitches-They-lie-Dont-buy-Ripoff-Sheridan-Ill-1033559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverleaf Resorts, Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

thats a common sales tactic to get the sale

AUTHOR: Soxfan - (U.S.A.)

stacie sorry to hear about your experience but thats a common way to get the sale Now! no one is policing these people and it goes on all day long!