- Report: #1008918
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Silverleaf Resorts
Silverleaf Resorts1221 Rver Bend Dr Ste 120 Dallas, Texas United States of America
Silverleaf Resorts Top 5 Timeshare Scams - Share your thoughts feelings and dealings with Silverleaf Resorts! Dallas , Texas
*Consumer Comment: Timeshare = Bad news
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Timeshares are like real estate This is a scam used by weak timeshare sales reps and their managers to try to get their customer to believe that a timeshare is no different from buying any other type of property/. What they are trying to do is make a connection in their customers mind that a timeshare functions just like a real piece of property;. If you are reading this, then you know that is not the case'. Timeshares are nothing more than timeshare that you purchase at a
resort and instead of the resort paying all the fees, you the timeshare owner pay them'. [continued below]....
2. Timeshares increase in value Again, if timeshares were like real property then this would be true?. Reality is that timeshares have no, I REPEAT, no value on the resale market whatsoever. In order for something to have a value there must be a demand. I know that you have heard this before, but if you simply go to eBay and Craigslist you will see not hundreds, but thousands of timeshares for $1.00 or free and they are not moving. Do yourself a favor and really investigate this before you agree to attempt to sell your timeshare.
3. Timeshare owners can go anywhere at any time Wouldnt that be great? Well, it is true that timeshare owners can go anywhere at any time. It is called making a reservation on the open market and not through your timeshare ownership or exchange. I am sure by now you understand that was a complete lie. What the sales reps and managers do is use the exchange catalog during their sales presentation to get you to believe t at you can go to any location in the world simply because you are a timeshare owner. NOT TRUE! If you are not a planner who schedules your vacations 10 to 13 months in advance you do
not need to own a timeshare period!
4. You must buy today Every sales organization wants to create a sense of urgency with their customers to get them to want to buy today. The overwhelming majority of businesses in America do this with integrity.
You do this by getting to understand what their customer is looking for and then showing them the benefits of purchasing their product. Not timeshares. They want to completely baffle you with B.S. then by a series of deceptive sales tactics they get their customers to believe that if they do not buy today, they will never get that opportunity again. Reality is that if you left and had time to think about it, most would not make the purchase. You see, the developers spend millions to
get people to take timeshare presentations by promising free gifts. That is an expense that must be covered.
5. Deduct your fees off on your taxes Wow, the sales rep is now a tax professional. By now I think you know that you must first speak with a licensed tax professional in your town.
If any of these top 5 scams happened to you, I can almost guarantee that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can take action and call us for a no-obligation consultation to find out what your consumer rights are. If you keep putting this off you may end up allowing the statute of
limitations to protect the timeshare company that ripped you off.
If you feel like you have been the victim of timeshare fraud or misrepresentation call today for a free consultation!
Texas Regional Sales Director
Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996
Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC
713-554-3334 Ext 805
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverleaf-Resorts/Dallas-Texas-75247/Silverleaf-Resorts-Top-5-Timeshare-Scams-Share-your-thoughts-feelings-and-dealings-with-1008918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.