Complaint Review: Silverman, Goodwin & Associates

• Updated: Thu, August 08, 2013

• Reported By: tsmith2021 — Flower Mound Texas
Silverman, Goodwin & Associates
Dallas, Texas USA

Silverman, Goodwin & Associates AKA Robert Goodwin & Andrea Silverman SCAM--Drawing/Contest Winner--FRAUD Dallas Texas

*General Comment: Name Confusion - Silverman Goodwin

I am writing this report on behalf of my 89-year old grandmother who resides in San Antonio, Texas.

She received a phone call from a bogus Dallas-based law firm by the name of Silverman, Godwin & Associates, advising that her name was drawn for a contest, wherein the prize was a whopping $500,000 (such good luck my grandma has!)

Said law firm was handling the "legalities" of the drawing/contest and advised my grandmother that in order to collect her new $500k earnings, all she needed to cover was the tax and legal fees of $2,000.

The big, fat prize money check was to arrive at her house the following day (in person--just like the sweepstakes!) IF she tendered the amount of $2000 to Silverman, Godwin & Associates prior to arrival.

Thankfully, my grandmother is still sharp as a tack at the age of 89 because common sense told her this was a scam. She immediately called me and asked me to investigate. I found a report on Ripoff Report and shared it with my grandmother. We are both very grateful to the person who took the time to report their experience, and we hope our report helps others as well.

Sadly, we live in a world where the saying "anything goes" is often used to harm others. But I still believe in the good of people : )

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverman-Goodwin-Associates/Dallas-Texas/Silverman-Goodwin-Associates-AKA-Robert-Goodwin-Andrea-Silverman-SCAM-DrawingConte-1074175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverman, Goodwin & Associates

#1 General Comment

Name Confusion - Silverman Goodwin

AUTHOR: Kimber - ()

There have been fraud reports against "Silverman, Goodwin & Associates."  Silverman Goodwin, LLP has NO associations with this phony company.