Complaint Review: Silverstone Enterprise

• Submitted: Wed, September 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By:columbia Missouri
Silverstone Enterprise
E. 11th St. Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Silverstone Enterprise ripoff, scam, quick hustle Tulsa Oklahoma

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: also from kansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Chris Holland is poisoning Vegas now!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Suckered in as well

*Author of original report: Dan

*General Comment: To add

*General Comment: All very fishy

*Author of original report: This is justin.

*Consumer Comment: Legit?

*Consumer Comment: THE BUSINESS IS LEGIT

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Stay Away From This Guy and World Perfume!

*Author of original report: Hmm

*Consumer Comment: Chris Holland AKA Silvertooth - Silverstone

I was used by silverstone enterprise, as well as other world perfume offices. They are good at sales but dont pay you much of anything. If you do make a dime it goes towards gas or food just to survive. They say its a good opportunity, is it? They hire 20 to 30 people every single week and have the same thing about promote into an office, you can make tons of money. I'd like to know why chris holland, the owner, has no promotions and has been running the same office for over 6 years, In different states of course. He moves from state to state as soon as he gets kicked out he moves to another state. I worked for over a year day and night 12 hours a day, all because he takes advantage of young ambitious people. Because of this company I have unpaid tickets all across the country! My credit is in ruin because they teach me how to lie! They say its wholesale for tax purposes but in the year of working there i have not once ever seen a wholesale transaction being made. It is ALL retail and mainly sold in parking lots. Also on the video you watch the first day it says he made over 500,000 in one year, which he did hustling others, but I guarentee he claimed barely 1/10th of that on his taxes. He is a liar and a cheater and beware of working for him. He is one of the coolest people i have ever met! But only for his own benefit, not yours. Since I worked for any world perfum office, my life is in ruin, I can't get a job, I can't join the army, I can't get a loan... 0 respect comes for someone that sells cologne on the streets. How was I supposed to know? It was my first job after 18!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2006 05:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverstone-Enterprise/Tulsa-Oklahoma/Silverstone-Enterprise-ripoff-scam-quick-hustle-Tulsa-Oklahoma-210727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverstone Enterprise

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

also from kansas

AUTHOR: Ash - ()

I completely agree with everything beauty from kansas said.  I was hired as a sales associate at the same time she was hired.  I only know this based on everything she had to say.  I did go to the big meeting in Dallas (I was lucky enough to stay in the big nice hotel with few of the employees from Florida like she was while everyone else was placed in crappy hotel rooms like sardines in a can) I also went to Louisiana and helped him open his office in Omaha, Neb as a "senior manager"

I stayed with the company so long because basically I was 18 at the time and super naive.  "Silvertooth" really tries to run his shit like a cult, the minute he gets you hooked he tries to make you feel special and "part of the group" so that when your home on the weekends your not hanging out with your friends or family you are still with him and his crew which makes it easier for him to get his hooks in you.  The funniest thing I have been reading is he is STILL talking about his non-existent Jaguar....people come on he was bragging about that back in 2003 it's now 2013 and he still cannot prove he owns one???  fake it till you make it I guess?  All I know is that when I worked for him I was really good at first selling to people because I beleived in what I was selling.  The longer I was with them the more I lost faith in what they were actually representing and in my head I cannot countanance selling something that I do not beleive in.  When I was made Senior Manager at 18 yrs old I was super happy thinking I was doing so good until he told me in a meeting that all these people he hires every week don't mean shit to him unless they have the ability to sell.  If they didn't have that capability then that meant they were free game for us in his words to "stomp all over them to get to the top"

He likes to tell everyone he hires that he has so much money he's rolling in it and he talks about his cars he "owns"  Ok if you have title to a Jaguar where is it? Why are you renting a really crappy place?  In 2003 he had a real crap celica that he was driving and his excuse was "I am saving money" while he rents a place in the ghetto of south Wichita.

Going on crew was a horrible expterience.  when I did it it was basically two cars going with 7 or 8 people mind you at that time I had no kids so was no big deal to me but I remember him not being at all sympathetic to people with kids and now that I have 2 girls it makes me even madder. He will tell you his "rules" before you go out for the week which are no fraternization between the sexes and things like that but unless you're a senior manager you have no idea.  He tells the runts his stupid rules and then in another meeting with older "managment" he will outline a way to humiliate or seduce them. If it was a legit company that made as much $ as he claims they would be able to afford company vehicles.  Instead he hires a bunch of people every week and makes them use their car and sends about 6 or 7 people between two cars, mind you those 7 people have to all squeeze into the same hotel room, he taught me how to get free food from hotel breakfast buffets (at hotels we never stayed in) and how to get free fast food.  it's all about scamming and lying to get a little something for absolutely nothing.  Not to mention the fact that I worked in his company for about a year going out on his "crew" every single week with different people running them every time.  Their was NEVER a single crew that ever made money the entire year I was with them.  We always came back negative to the point that we had to steal gas just to get to another place.  Funny thing was that I was a senior manager so always went on crew with all the other senior managers and a few newbies....no one ever made it back in the positive.  But he's rich right?

I don't want to see anybody going through what I had to go through with this place.  He tries to keep you away from your family so you are les likely to be influenced by them.  My favorite part is how he gives you extra pay if you use your own vehicle which sounds really good on paper, try to get the money out of him though.  He keeps your money on his books and will only dole out a hundred or so every saturday and you have to wheedle that out of him even though its your own money.

This guy spends his life preying on young impressionable people.  Think about it, I am 29 yrs old right now and if I walked into that same senario never having seen it before I would cry bullshit and not do it but at 18 I didn't know any better.  He advocates teaching the worst ethics to people and he really doesn't care who he hurts along the way as long as he is monetarily benifiting in some way.  Parents if you have a daughter mixed up with him be warned he is very manipulative and will seduce any female if it is in anyway beneficial to him.  I can't tell you how many girls have told me he gave them genital herpes and honestly I am thankful that I never caught it as I believed his lies for a time also.

If your a young person and don't have any responsibilities it is an opportunity to travel and see things you wouldn't otherwise see but keep in mind that you will be asked to do things and act in a way that is hopefully morally wrong to you; if not more power to you obviously you are meant for this job.

I started in 2003 at 18 in Wichita using my lease car.  Got a DUI and los my license court was during a work day and he refused to give me cab money to get to court and wouldnt allow anybody to take me to court either.  Stupid me stayed with him I was a manager I was special, a month later I got arrested for driving on a suspended license and had to do 18 hours jailtime unless someone posted bail for 250, he refused so I got strip searched and thrown in the main jail cell. What a great boss.  I am still to this day fighting that court stuff.  By the time I was finished with this company my entire family was so mad at me and he and his "managers" had brought my self-worth down so low that it took me months to get my self-worth back, I felt guilty for being so stupid trusting these horrible people.

Hopefully someone will read this an not let them take advantage of you.  If I can help at least one person to not go through what I had to it will be worth it for me.  Funny thing it the guy said he was rich back in 2003 and still claims that now in 2013 but still lives the same way he did back then he's full of crap.  I'd like to see his tax records.  For any woman thats been taken advantage of by him or his company you can move on; I know how it feels but it's possible to get over it.  Look at me I live in Hawaii one of the most beautiful places ever with my husband and two beautiful girls and we are about to buy our own house not to mention at the age of 29 I bet I have a nicer car than he does(since he's always talking about his ride)  He's pushing 50 at least and still preying on young naive people trying to make money.

This is my personal experience and it's how I feel, not at all ashamed anymore of what I went through or what happened to me.  If anybody has anything to say based on what I have said or has any questions or stories based on what I have said or what they have gone through please email me at Ashley.jeffries2@gmail.com

mahalo!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Chris Holland is poisoning Vegas now!

AUTHOR: karllboatmann - (United States of America)

After reading these stories I felt compelled to add one of my own. Despite the fact that these testimonials span a gamut of YEARS, the main point holds true. Chris "Silvertooth" Holland, is a Matchstick Man, without empathy or conscience. I am aware that he has ruined lives in Dallas, and Louisiana, and Omaha. Well, for the past few years he has hooked up with another con-man named Billy Nolan, and their partner whose name I believe to be Eric, but who was constantly referred to as "E-Dub" which must be short for double wide because THAT fat bas*ard looks like he is in the 5th trimester.

They run a company called "All-Star Motivation.com"(Henceforth to be referred to as ASM)  You can check out their silly videos on Youtube and watch Mr. Nolan drive around in rented cars that he claims are his (Yet all the different models have the same vanity plates that get moved from car to car, and of course neither I nor anyone I worked with ever saw him actually driving the Maserati he claimed was his). The scam is stil exactly the same from the interviews, to the road trips.

Mr. Holland claims that he is a millionaire many times over, yet makes his young poor new hires take THEIR beat up cars on 600 mile trips to Utah to hock that cheap line of cologne. On one trip a new guy, bursting with ambition took his own car to Salt Lake City and there it broke down. "'Tooth" had promised to pay for gas and lodging, but when the car broke down he took his product out of the kids car and put it in the other drivers car, and left the kid to fend for himself to get home.  Holland is in his 40's now and acts like a 16year old kid.

He claims to have been in the first X-games, which is a total lie, he is high on some kind of narcotic all the time, and he will pack 10 people into the cheapest motel room possible, and then tell grown men and women what time they have to go to bed...all the while taking one of the beds in the room for himself and leaving the other 9 people to spread out on the 2nd bed and the floor. He stole 50 dollars from me while on a trip to California...despite being super wealthy of course. He also advocates stealing food from other hotels free breakfasts, even if you haven't stayed at that hotel. He will then say things like " If we were partying together I would take us all to a $5,000 dinner, but on crew I don't see any need for that."

He also doesn't see any need to even buy a .89 cents burger for the new girl who didnt sell a bottle that day, saying "If you want to eat, you have to sell." All-Star Motivation also does not inform it's "employees" that what they are doing (at least in Nevada) is 100% illegal. Selling products in parking lots without a permit can get you fined or arrested and ASM is NOT going to help you with that AT ALL. They are perfectly happy to use young, unskilled, ambitious people for their own gain, and the thing they offer in return is to teach you to do the same to others. Mr. Holland also made harassing sexual comments to both females who served him in restaurants, and perspective customers, pretty much every female he came in contact with.

All the while making vile homophobic and racist comments. He is a liar, a user, and barely has 2 nickels to rub together. If you go on crew with him, he will steal from you, while talking about his Jaguar that he drives all the time (except to work, or out on crew, or if he goes out socially....otherwise he drives this invisible non-existent car everywhere). If you are in Vegas...DO NOT answer any ads that say "Free Beer" or "All day I'm Hustling" or "Best Legal Hustle Ever!" or "Rock and Roll atmosphere" they are scams and 'Tooth, Billy Nolan and E-Doublewide are hustling all right...they want to hustle YOU!!  I amin the process of contacting some of the local alt-weekly papers about doing a story on these con men.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Suckered in as well

AUTHOR: Kansas beauty - (USA)

I was reading these for fun and found Silverstone Enterprises. I was also scammed by these frauds in 2003. As stated by others I responded to an add in the newspaper, had 2 interviews, was asked the same stupid questions about what dwarf I would be from the Seven dwarfs. Where my story differs from others is that as soon as I found out what type of job it was I informed Christopher Clay Holland I would not be interested in the position. Immediately he pulled me to the side to let me know he also needed a receptionist and that he thought I would be perfect for the position. I agreed and started the following day. Receptionist?? Hardly! In the begining he sent people around locally for "training" and then once Chris "Silvertooth" sent them on a crew they would go out of town all over the place selling this perfume. When I first started with the company everybody had to go to Dallas for an "awards" like ceremony with all the other WPI people including Johnny Whitworth. Chris put more than 15 people into 2 hotel rooms with no money for food or gas. I on the other hand stayed with him at his hotel, professional right? We would hang out all day he would take me shopping and spoil me. After about month he talked me into dating him and moving in. BIG mistake.  He cheated and lied  not only about the company but about himself aswell.LADIES BEWARE!! He is a smooth talker I will give him that. He will talk you into being a receptionist or as HIS MOTHER called a SEXatery and use you. This may sound like a scorned lover but that is hardly the case more like a naive former employee. I was 18 when he "hired" me and he was 33!!! Ladies it may seem fun in the begining with the presents he gives and trips you go on (I personally went to Dallas, Fort Worth, and Louisianna his home state, I also help open his Omaha office) But the gifts are nothing compaired to the other "gift" he will leave you with for the rest of your life. This man has lied, stolen, or cheated probably everyone he has met. Beware and stay away. Chris I hope you read these often and get treated the same way by others.

Dan

AUTHOR: Justin - (U.S.A.)

I wrote the original posting years ago.  I was barely out of my teens.  Of course most of the world blames their problems on everyone else, and at that time it was easy to blame those people and that company for my problems.  I was obviously very emotional at a young age, and I wrote that just after leaving the company after I failed.  No one is perfect.. writing this report was just one mistake I made.  Why would I say something so bad about someone that helped me so much?  What i wrote was based off of negative emotion.

#5 General Comment

To add

AUTHOR: Dan - (United States of America)

One more thing that I didn't address in my first response: "Justin's" claims that he is now both a president of one direct sales company -and- a vice president of another are just laughable. He makes no mention of the companies' names or what they cater to. We are supposed to believe that even after all of the tribulations he was dealt with while working with the company, he decided to get back into the business and now co-operates two of them? Hahaha, sure.

Don't worry, Chris - I mean, Justin. It was all your fault that you failed the first time. You should have worked 14 hours a day instead of the lazy 12.

#6 General Comment

All very fishy

AUTHOR: Dan - (United States of America)

Is anyone else highly suspicious of Justin's "follow up" message? He now blames his lack of success entirely on himself, and does not acknowledge any of the legitimate points he made in the initial report (very low pay, manipulation by the company via taking advantage of young adults.. all minor stuff of course!). If I had to say, either his account got hacked or he was persuaded (threatened?) by this company to recant his claims. Whatever the case, I'm not buying this "change of heart" at all. Nice try.

This is justin.

AUTHOR: Justin - (U.S.A.)

Listen... When i wrote this I was very upset that I failed and also I was young and made critical mistakes that held me back in the business world.  All of the sales and people skills I learned working with Silverstone and Chris Holland have made me now very wealthy and an independent business person.  I own one company that does direct sales, and i'm the vice-president of another company that does direct sales.  I know, for a fact, that I would never be where I am today without the experience of knowing Mr. Holland.

I have felt very guilty and bad about writing this report about someone that helped me so much.  I kindly asked this website, ripoffreport.com, to take this posting down because it was based more on emotion then truth.  Even though I am the author, and the claims made against Mr. Holland are unjust, they would not take this posting down.

Chris Holland, If you read this I sincerely apologize about writing this, and thank you for everything you taught me and for the success I have now.

-Justin

Legit?

AUTHOR: Notgivingup - (U.S.A.)

Chris -

Do you file taxes?

Is your company permitted and properly registered with the county that you work in; and if so is it in your name?

Is a businees owner trustworthy if they don't file their personal federal income taxes?

My oppinion is that if a business owner is not willing to go thru the proper legal proceedings for owning and running a business then by all means call it what it is: illegitimate.

Chris, I would love to meet your fairytale attorneys. Bring it.

THE BUSINESS IS LEGIT

AUTHOR: Jacob - (U.S.A.)

First off, in these offices no one is an employee...you are an independent contractor that is an independent distributor. Thousands of business industries that are franchises that peddle products b2b use the same exact recruiting techniques. So if you down this business model, you down many others, such as kirby vacumns..Now i did business with chris holland for about 5 months even after we pareted ways i went out and got my own merchandise from world perfume...i am a lifetime owner now and no one is above me....when your in someone else's company you can't tell them how to operate their business..no one makes you do anything but yourself. I am aware mr holland has no promotions so instead of making excuses, i left peacefully and got my own office and no one can take my merch. I am also aware that mr holland has been a successful distributor for over 8 years and that hes made a lot of money so bashing his company would not be wise, all he has to do is pull out the old conracts and id's and fax it over to his lawyer and the rest is history. ive seen it happen. trust me from experience, mr holland does not give a flip what you say about him, he's to wealthy....i have my own office and i never drop below 400 bottles, ever. i get 12-16 bucks a bottle. i tell all my people up front how there paid there is no salry or base and i havent had one complaint because im looking for office owners not employees. i have my own place and i pay my people every saturday all of it, if they have money on the books and have no shorts and hit there quotas they get all of there overrides, if they finish training they get an office a promotion is paid for by my company not my peoples money... I have my own ira and account that im saving for a house to own my credit is up and im about to expand to la,ca in 6 months i have a college degree but to be honest it has nothing to offer me but a pay cut..this business is opening up doors i never even dreamed of...ive started a record label and movie co. on the side...i help manage artists using my wealth to promote their music. god gave me a break so i help others thats the whole purpose of this business...owners int his business dont move around because of scammin or illegal practices they move because they like travel..i am good friends with several owners who have stayed in the same spot under the same name for more than 5 years and own there own homes and other successful side ventures. i dont regret answering silverstone's ad because without it i wouldnt be where i am today i was introduced to a life changing opportunity. and justin if you ever need an office you know who i am and where to find me. i pay all over rides and you sell easily and we help with cars to i have a dealers license i get decent cars for 650 at auctions email me (((Redacted)))

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Stay Away From This Guy and World Perfume!

AUTHOR: Mandie - (U.S.A.)

Justin is soooooooooo right! He is a nice guy off the clock but this is a scam! Not just Silvertooths office but the whole company! Watch out for the classifieds that have little phrases like" looking for people who like fun and money and music" When I had called about the jo I was looking for a clerical position and was told that one was open. Silvertooth has a way with words and the next thing i know i am in dallas,tx fighting to get enough money for dinner. Stay awayfrom these people. i worked a whole month and finaly got a check for $84.00. Like justin I lost EVERYTHING! My apt my car Unlike justin though I was lucky to have managment exprience to back me up.Again STAY AWAY FROM SILVERTOOTH AND WORLD PERFUME!

Hmm

AUTHOR: Justin - (U.S.A.)

I was mad because i was broke and i failed, not because it was a bad business concept. It is a good opportunity. I also learned life long Management and sales skills. Please delete this entry. Thank you

Chris Holland AKA Silvertooth - Silverstone

AUTHOR: Mom - (U.S.A.)

Justin, if you know where he is now then you should post it so the rest of the USA can avoid getting caught up in his sociopathic behavior. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Chris Holland incorporated "Silverstone" in Tulsa Oklahoma in 2006.

(Chris if you are reading this I want you to take the accusations very serous that people are making and tax evasion is punishable in federal court and the burden of proof is on you with the IRS. )

Email me if you have any information on the location of Chris Holland aka Silvertooth.
(((email address redacted)))