controlling

• Submitted: Sun, May 24, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 24, 2009

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Silverton Bank, NA - Silverton Bridge Bank
3284 Northside Parkway NW ATLANTA, Georgia U.S.A.

Silverton Bank, NA - Silverton Bridge Bank PREPAID VISA CARD SCAM ATLANTA Georgia

On May 23, 2009, I presented the Vanilla VISA gift card for payment at the store from which I purchased it, Dollar General. It was not approved . After several more attempts, the clerk punched the numbers manually. It still did not work.

I asked: Do you need to reprogram it since I bought it here? Her answer: NO... She called the supervisor on duty who tried and gave up right away saying: This card is no good. I asked: And what about the $50 I paid you plus the $5 activation fee?

She answered, We do not refund the money that you paid to us here at Dollar General. She said Sorry again explaining: We believe that this card must be a scam (adding, I wouldn't buy them). This store's boss purchased one, it didn't work and many people have tried to return them.

The boss called Visa and they referred him to the company, Silverton Bank of Atlanta, GA who does not refund the money. We believe it is a scam and I can only suggest that you come back tomorrow to get the telephone number.SORRY! I said: Let me get this straight, you are refusing to refund my money? She reiterated: I can't and that's why I personally have removed the cards from this store.

I checked the shelf and found the VISA Vanilla cards. They are still selling them. The address is Dollar General, Kings Highway, Port Charlotte, FL 33952.

Garrett
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2009 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverton-Bank-NA-Silverton-Bridge-Bank/ATLANTA-Georgia-30327/Silverton-Bank-NA-Silverton-Bridge-Bank-PREPAID-VISA-CARD-SCAM-ATLANTA-Georgia-455008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverton Bank, NA - Silverton Bridge Bank