Complaint Review: Silverton bank na

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: JoAnn — Houston Texas United States of America
Silverton bank na
houston, Texas United States of America

Silverton bank na Visa Gift Card Stole the balance of gift card before expire date of visa giftcard houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Did they really steal your money or did the terms of use of the card...

I was given a gift card from my family I spent $8.00 of the $25.00 balance , when I found the card again I noticed that it had Not expired untill 4/2013 this is jan 2012, I had recieved several more git cards over the hollidays , so I was going to add this Visa gift card . I did not know what the balance was so I called the 1800 # on the card and was told the balance was Zero . I asked them what the purchase' s were, they told me I had used the card ONE time and placed $8.00 charge on the card but since I had Not used the card In over 12 months They ( visa) or silertonbank , started taking fee's from the card , I demanded to speak with a supervisor or a manager , ( guess what happened) I was left on hold for over 45 mins without ever speking with anyone I did call back several times to speak with a supervisor or manager they just kept hanging up on me , I told them they stole from me and my family since the card had not expired yet apri 2013 . I know its not much of a balance $17.00 and some change , But Hey My kid paid a fee and taxes on the card to give me a gift , I am too upset to tell my child that the money  gift card they gave me was stolen by the Giftcard company . so what is being Done about this ? How much money has this company and Other Gift card compaines Stolen from People Like me a older person whom just wanted to go buy a small gift for her Birthday . this is so Not being honest. Thank you for letting me complain

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverton-bank-na/houston-Texas-/Silverton-bank-na-Visa-Gift-Card-Stole-the-balance-of-gift-card-before-expire-date-of-vis-850900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverton bank na

Did they really steal your money or did the terms of use of the card...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

happen to mention this possibilty?

If they truly stole your money, file a report with your local law enforcement.

Sorry for what happened, but I suspect it was spelled out in the terms of use.

I also don't know what being an "Older person" has to do with anything.

I'm an "older person",  should I be concerned?

"I am too upset to tell my child that the money gift card they gave me was stolen by the Giftcard company."
Please don't tell your child and lay a guilt trip on him/her,  it's not your childs fault.