Complaint Review: Simmons Mattress Company

• Submitted: Mon, December 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:Gig Harbor Washington
Simmons Mattress Company
www.simmons.com Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Simmons Mattress Company Will not honor their "Warranty" If you can call it that. Norcross Georgia

*Author of original report: Simmons Mystere mattress

*Author of original report: Simmons Mystere mattress

My husband and I purchased a "Mystere" Comfor-pedic mattress at a local charity auction. The bed was listed and sold as new, and in fact had not been manufactured until after we purchased it for $3500! It was purchased from a local mattress dealer who was authorized to sell Comfor-pedic products.

After about a year the bed started to sink in the middle a little at first then more and more over time. Let me add, that I am a 5'6" female weighing around 135lbs and my husband is 6'1" at just over 200lbs, so not overweight people. As the year progressed into the 2nd year it has become unbearable with the huge sink hole in the middle. The pain caused to my back is terrible and is causing me problems all the time. Just this week we have taken to sleeping in another bed in another room just to get away from the painful nights and mornings.

A couple of weeks ago I started the process of a warranty claim with Simmons. I took the pictures asked for, filled out the information asked for and mailed it off. Today a letter arrives from Simmons dated the 12th of December saying:

"Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you. We offer a limited warranty policy and strive to be as fair as possible in evaluating warranty claims. Upon reviewing your original bill of sale, and in conjuction with the questionnaaire claim form completed on your bedding product, we found that you have a purchased a sample Simmons product.

In accordance with the terms of our Limited Warranty, merchandise sold "as-is", distresed", or "floor model" are excluded from our warranty coverage.

As a result of these findings, we are unable to provide service on this product. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to assist you".

First this bed was NEW and hadn't even been manufactured until after we purchased it, as evidenced on the inventory tag we took a picture of and sent to them. Secondly, it was never ever advertised as a a "as-is", "distressed", or "floor model" since it was NEW!

When I called and talked to the customer service person before I sent in all the material she asked for, she never ever once mentioned that it wouldn't be warrantable. I even told her that we purchased it "NEW" from a charity auction from an authorized dealer.

It seems to me that Simmons is cutting thier nose to spite their face, and in the end the result will be lost future revenue due to the fact unless they come through and do the right thing we will NEVER EVER purchase another Simmons product.

I understand that they want to be profitable and denying legitimate claims helps their bottom line in the short term but in the long term they will lose revenue do to their deceptive practices. We are in our early 40's with two children think of how many mattresses we would buy in the future. I will be sure to flood all opinion sites so as to warn people not to buy these products from Simmons. I am also going to share my poor experience will all that I know and then some.

Please people if you have a choice of another mattress company use it, Simmons will not back you up at all!

Gloria
Gig Harbor, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2008 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simmons-Mattress-Company/Norcross-Georgia-30071/Simmons-Mattress-Company-Will-not-honor-their-Warranty-If-you-can-call-it-that-Norcross-401651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simmons Mattress Company

Simmons Mystere mattress

AUTHOR: Gloria - (U.S.A.)

Wanted to update our complaint, Simmons did the right thing but ONLY after we contacted the BBB in Georgia. We now have a new mattress and the only thing we did pay was the actual shipping cost of $85.00.

Simmons Mystere mattress

AUTHOR: Gloria - (U.S.A.)