Complaint Review: Simple Choice

• Submitted: Mon, September 26, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2005

• Reported By:Morgantown West Virginia
Simple Choice
1320 Route 9 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Simple Choice Financial Benefits ripoff credit card Champlain New York

I recieved a call from this company that explained a Mastercard program to me. The original rep told me it would take 2 days to receive it which was clarified to me later as up to 40 days.

I was turned over to verification processing after being told that the card was a 2,000.00 dollar limit and the company would deduct 249.00 out of my accnt. I found out that it would take up to 40 days and was told it was for processing purposes.

The money was deducted out of my accnt July 25th, 05. It is today, Sept. 26, 05 and I called again only to find out that there is still no shipping date. I was told last Friday that there would definitely be one today.

I've asked to speak to supervisors who can't come to the phone, or even are unauthorized to come to the phone. (These were the 2 excuses I received). I then asked for a phone number and an e-mail address to contact the Simple Choice Company. Mysteriously enough, the representatives are not allowed to give out that information. When I call the 866-847-9287 number in the first place, you're put on hold and if a representative doesn't come on line the second time you receive a "thank you for holding message", they ask you to leave a message. I've done this as well and no one ever returned my phone calls.

Then I looked on the internet and saw the Report by Heather and was absolutely disgusted. I too thought this was a legitimate deal. I dialed the 866-282-8618 number on her report and spoke to a representative that informed me that this was a pre-paid store card. Not once was that ever explained to me or I wouldn't have spent that much money for a prepaid card when there are better offers from Visa on that one.

I have notified my bank and am also filing a fraud report. I will be contacting the state ATTRNY Generals office to see what further assistance can be offered.

Morgantown, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2005 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Choice/Champlain-New-York-12919/Simple-Choice-Financial-Benefits-ripoff-credit-card-Champlain-New-York-158377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Choice