Complaint Review: Simple Escapes - 24 Protect Plus - Homework Plus

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2004

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
Simple Escapes - 24 Protect Plus - Homework Plus
24protectplus123.com Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Simple Escapes, 24 Protect Plus, Homework Plus RIPOFF, FRAUDULENT, DISHONEST I have been a victim of the scam and I just want everyone to be aware of their "game". Stanford Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: thank you for your service

*Consumer Comment: Stop any Pay;ments to Mo2 24 Protect Plus called my bank and filed a dispute claim

*Consumer Comment: I was nearly a victum of this scam.

*Consumer Comment: they got me 2

I noticed in December 2003 there were various charges debited to my checking account for $1.00 for something that I had no ideal of.

On Wednesday January 7, 2004 I went to check my messages and I had a message from a company called 24Protect Plus members along with a billing statement informing me that my next bill for $134.95 will be due on January 18,2004. I immediately replied by telling them that I have not enrolled in any type of service and I wanted to be taken off of their list.

An instant reply letter was sent to me indicating that due to heavy volume, it may take longer that usual for them to get back to me and messages are being answered in 5 to 7 business days. I was also given a membership and tracking number. Once, I received their reply I tried to reach them by phone and was asked a series of questions that I did not feel comfortable with answering due to the fraudulent account already assessed to my screen name.

After talking to them and getting nowhere with the conversation I went to check my account on-line and notice that $134.95 had been taken out of my account putting all kinds of charges on my account. I called again and tried to get some information on what they are and I was put on hold and hung up on.

I called my bank on Thursday January 8, 2003 and told them about the charges. I also called the numbers that I was given 877-500-5754 and put on hold and hung up on when I asked to speak with someone of authority. I called in the afternoon and the same thing happened. I called back in the evening and a woman by the name of Chanel answered I asked her for a physical address in order for me to send in a payment she told me that the only way that they take payments is by debit or credit cards. I told her that I didn't have one and needed to send a payment to an address. She wanted to know for which company? I asked how many were there? She answered several. I asked if Simple Escapes and 24Protect Plus were one of the companies? She replied, Yes.

The address I was given for Simple Escapes was
P.O. BOX 24847
Omaha, NE 68124-0847

The address for 24Protect Plus
P.O. BOX 241631
Omaha, NE 68124-0250

I have been a victim of the scam and I just want everyone to be aware of their "game". The first debit was done by Simple Escapes,24Protect Plus and many more names work together SCAMMING and RIPPING off people. I do not have a clue to how they were able to obtain my account information, however they did mention that they only use charge accounts and AOL provide them with names!!!

Yvonne
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2004 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes-24-Protect-Plus-Homework-Plus/Stanford-Connecticut/Simple-Escapes-24-Protect-Plus-Homework-Plus-RIPOFF-FRAUDULENT-DISHONEST-I-have-been-76592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes - 24 Protect Plus - Homework Plus

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

Pastor Dear Friends, thank you for your service. Just wanted to let you know I called the 1 800 number for the withdrawl made from my account. I let them know that they had made an illegal withdrawl from my account. They said that it was legal. Rather than argue with them I told them that I had canceled my credit card and had filed a protest with my bank. The opporator didn't argue much after that. She told me that my money would be refunded within two business days and gave me her name and id number. My money was returned. This company is a company which provides credit information to subscribers.

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

Just to let you know I just saw a credit purchase on my account to MO2 24 Protect Plus for $134.95 Which was not authorized by my wife or myself. I called my bank and filed a dispute claim. I will also be calling the wistle blowers tv station here in town.

I was nearly a victum of this scam.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I almost got ripped of by this company when they first contacted me. they got ahold of me via telemarketing.

the mistake they made was they told me the last 4 didgits on one of my credit cards. A flag went up right then, while they were running down their scam. when they finished their offer and began to sign me up I said, do you think I am a fool, how the hell did you get any credit card info on me. they said through compuserve which just happens to be my isp and a subsidiary of AOL.

The common denominator here is Aol. I suggest the Attormey General of the State which Aol's main office resides in be contacted; along with the BBB and FTC.

Anyone not recieving a refund should contact their bank and dispute the charges first and then follw up with a complaint to each of the above named agencies. That will put them out of business with a quickness.

Although I caught it, if Your site had not been posted I probably would have got sucked into it anyway. The only reason I got to your site was because I was searcing for theirs to see if they had a ligit site. I thank you for taking the time to post. although i have no reason to contact my bank at this point I will be contacting every agency above. Those type of companies give the internet a bad name.
If we as indiviuals clean them up, hopefully that will stave off the gov. from creating a special internetpolice force. Not that that would be a bad thing, but we as consumers would end up footing the bill one way or another.Consumer price increase, taxes, ect. Thank you.

sincerely,

they got me 2

AUTHOR: Denise - (U.S.A.)

simple escapes2 have been billing my card 4 the last 5months 14.95 and i closed my my accout 5 months ago. make me go over my limit on my card when i call they say my accout is closed and say goodbyr and hang up