Complaint Review: Simple Escapes, Gary Johnson CEO

• Submitted: Mon, July 11, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 11, 2005

• Reported By:Ithaca New York
Simple Escapes, Gary Johnson CEO
9500 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Simple Escapes, Gary Johnson CEO ripoff, fradulent billing, acquiring credit card number without authorization Omaha Nebraska

I received a flyer from Simple Escapes in the mail notifying me that, "IF YOU TAKE NO ACTION, YOUR CREDIT CARD OR OTHER ACCOUNT WILL BE CHARGED $149.95 TO AUTOMATICALLY RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP." I had never heard of this company before, nor had I any membership with them of which I was aware. I was furious to think that such a company might have access to any of my account numbers, so I shearched them and found all kinds of consumer complaints. I called the toll free number provided in the mailer and, after getting to a supervisor, found out that $96 had been charged to my credit card 9/21/04 - which appeared on my charge card bill during the only month I was out of town to be with my sick father and asked my husband to pay bills for me!

It took making two phone calls, speaking to three different people, and saying that I was going to report the company to the FTC, my Senators and Congress people in DC and the Better Business Bureau before I was told that I would see a credit for the unauthorized charge on my credit card statement within 2 business days. We'll see. This is the worst kind of robbery - these people should be barred from operating any business in any state. They just keep opening new businesses with different names that do the same thing over and over.

Donna
Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2005 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes-Gary-Johnson-CEO/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Simple-Escapes-Gary-Johnson-CEO-ripoff-fradulent-billing-acquiring-credit-card-number-w-149347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes, Gary Johnson CEO