Complaint Review: Simple Escapes

• Updated: Thu, January 13, 2005

• Reported By:Columbia Maryland
Simple Escapes
Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Simple Escapes Credit Card charges for memberships I didn't want of need Omaha Nebraska

On about December 14, 2004 I noticed a credit card bill for $9.95 paid to AP9*SimpleEscapes. The credit card company placed the item in dispute and told me to contact Simple Escapes. Simple Escapes told me the charge would be refunded and my membership would be cancelled.

My next credit card statement arrived on January 13, 2005 and it reflected a credit of $9.95 from AP9*SimpleEscapes. I wondered how many months I had ignorantly paid the charge and why those payments had not been refunded too.

I scanned down the bill to December 27, 2004. There was a charge of $199.95 from AP9*SimplyYou. I called the credit card company again and placed this item in dispute.

Through my subsequent three calls to Simply You, I was told the charge was for another membership that I took out in January 2004. I finally got someone to tell me the membership was cancelled and the charge (both of them?) will be refunded.

I was also told the membership was for beauty treatments. I pointed out that I was a 74 year-old man and had no need or derire for beauty treatments. The Simply You agent then attempted to get me to consent to a different membership program. Be careful what you say when you speak to them. I'd recommend you legally record your conversations. These folks are really hungry.

John
Columbia, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2005 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes/Omaha-Nebraska-68114-3314/Simple-Escapes-Credit-Card-charges-for-memberships-I-didnt-want-of-need-Omaha-Nebraska-127258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes