Complaint Review: Simple Escapes

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2004

• Reported By:Sylmar California
Simple Escapes
P.O. Box 241338 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Simple Escapes ripoff Omaha Nebraska

I received a flier in the mail from Simple Escapes with the following statement:

"Unless you cancel, your credit card account will be charged." First of all, I never signed up for this membership. The first time I called, the computers were down and they could not access my account. The second time I called (the next day), the same thing happened. They could not access my account.

The flier also says, "Simply visit us online and use your member ID to log in." Well, no where on this flier is there a web address. After realizing that this is a scam, I called Simple Escapes again and asked for a supervisor. Finally, after losing my temper with these people, was I able to get someone that had a computer that worked and found me listed as a member and somehow had my credit card number!!!!

Needless to say, I was livid at the thought that someone that I do not know has my credit card number. The representative said that I joined when I ordered something through a catalogue, but she would not tell me which catalogue it was. This is unconscionable. I never joined such a club.

I will be notifying my credit card companies to stop any charge from these people. Also I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and maybe even Channel 7 News. I will also be notifying TRW and Experian to protect my credit.

Sylmar, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2004 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes/Omaha-Nebraska-68124/Simple-Escapes-ripoff-Omaha-Nebraska-78515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes