Complaint Review: Simple Escapes

• Reported By:Plaistow New Hampshire
Simple Escapes
Simpleescape.com Internet U.S.A.

Simple Escapes ripoff Stamford Connecuit

On March 17th I found a debit from my checking account that I did not authorize. After calling the bank and inquiring about the charge. I was informed that Simple Escape was the company that submitted the charge for $134.95. I informed my bank I did not authroize this and was informed I needed to pursue the matter with Simple escape.

After calling them they said I signed up for this service and received a brochure in the mail and thats how and why i was charged.The sign up they claim was through a pop up add on AOL and they also stated that AOL gave them my debit card number and my address. They did decide to refund my money which I havent recieved yet. The bigger issue is how they received my debit card information and why and if Aol provided them with it.

Both companies need to hear from people like me who have been ripped off. I incurred $78.00 in overdrafts fees due to this debit that the company will not refund. The big thing is without those overdrafts i would have most likely missed this charge and they would have made off with my money.SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT AN END TO THIS!!!!!

They are dishonest people who steal from unknowing people and are getting away with it.. Who and what can we do to put an end to this. If anyone has any help or ideas please e-mail me at Hannahesdad@aol.com Thanks

Mike
Plaistow, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2003 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes/internet/Simple-Escapes-ripoff-Stamford-Connecuit-49836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes