Complaint Review: Simple Escapes2

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2003

• Reported By:lubbock Texas
Simple Escapes2
www.simpleescapes.com Internet U.S.A.

Simple Escapes2 ripoff -AOL gave out my credit card number to this fraud company. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I too was charged by Simple Escapes aka MKS Simple Escapes, I found out how to get your money back.

I was charged $134.95 on my Capital One cc. I found out this was a pop up on AOL that I was supposed to have signed up for a $25 gift certificate to Target. I did not sign up for this. AOL gave out my credit card number to this fraud company.

I called the fraud dept at AOL, and the man got very very rude to me, and hung up on me. Guess I will cancel my account. Just Beware folks, looks like we are stuck with these charges. I had to cancel my cc, but they said charges from the internet would still be charged. What can we do??????

Janet
lubbock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2003 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Escapes2/internet/Simple-Escapes2-ripoff-AOL-gave-out-my-credit-card-number-to-this-fraud-company-Internet-48584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Escapes2

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I posted my rip off report a few days ago. I found out how to get your money back.
I too had called AOL billing/customer support, with no sucess. I was treated rudely, and told that it was my fault that this happened. In truth, my 12 yr old son clicked on a link in a chat room that said "free $25 gift card to Kmart" and in turn, I was charged $134.95 to my Visa Check Card.

After hours on the phone Thursday night and Friday, I decided to call the main office of AOL. I called 703-265-1000 and spoke with an executive leason (forgive my spelling). I told him my story, and he said not only would AOL refund me my money, he would start 2 investigations for me. One to handle the RUDE customer service by the people I had spoken to the night before, and the other to investigate AOL's association with this company.

I will let you know when the money is back into my checking account.