calculated

• Updated: Sat, July 31, 2010

• Reported By: Upset Consumer — United States of America
Simple Mobile Prepaid

Simple Mobile Prepaid OMG Simple False Advertising , Internet

I wanted to warn everyone so it doesn't happen to them. I switched to Simple Mobile $60 unlimited talk, text, data plan which boasts unlimited everything for only $60 a month. After having the service for only 3 days, I received a text that said I had exceeded my data usage allowed and was banned from using internet. An iphone without data is just completely useless. The only thing I can think of is that I, like many people now, use the Pandora app to listen to music.

When I called the company they stated that their unlimited is really only 1gb of data but I can buy a 100mb for $10 extra.

This reminds me of Pageplus Prepaid where they advertise unlimited calls for $45 a month but if you use it too much, they shut off your phone.

How can they advertise UNLIMITED data when it really means ONLY 1gb of data. Thats really not that much for a Blackberry, iPhone or any smartphone.

FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2010 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Mobile-Prepaid/internet/Simple-Mobile-Prepaid-OMG-Simple-False-Advertising-Internet-627986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Mobile Prepaid