Complaint Review: Simple Mobile

• Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: kej211 — trinidad Colorado United States of America
Simple Mobile

Simple Mobile T-mobile bad svc. no refunds Internet

Simple Mobile seems to be a complete rip-off! Yesterday, April 5, 2012 I took a Samsung smart phone over to their service thinking that I would have better Internet service than I do now using a Virgin Mobile Mi-Fi hotspot. I took the time to review the Simple Mobile website and call customer service asking all of the appropriate questions and was told that my location and my phone would get 4G service.

However, the truth turned out to be nothing more than fiction as today I called technical support to ensure all of the settings were correct as my Internet speeds were less than 2G. This was when their tech person informed me of the following;

A phone that was on the AT&T network will never get better than 2G speeds on the T-Mobile / Simple network, and will most likely stay below 2G. But if I wanted better speeds all I need do is buy a new, T-mobile phone!

If I ever used the Hotspot capability of the Samsung phone, they would immediately turn my service off.

Even though I was sold a 4G package, they would not give a refund after stepping the service down to 3G or less even though the service had been on less than 20 hours.

The biggest lie I was told by their customer service people is that 4G service was available in my area. The closest 4G service area Simple Mobile or T-Mobile is 43 miles to my north in Pueblo, CO.

They also informed me that they would not abide be federal laws as to the 72 hour buyers remorse laws under the Colorado Consumers Protection Act, which a written complaint has been filed.

In summery, Simple Mobile which is a division of T-Mobile is a rip-off and should be avoided as should the parent company at all cost. Their employees as well as their website will tell you anything to get your money and once they have it, you will like me learn the truth about whom and what they truly are. Nothing more than a scam put forth by a corporation that portrays themselves as an honest company that has the customers best interest at heart. This, like everything else I experienced is nothing more than a lie rapped in a Rip-Off that should be avoided.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simple-Mobile/internet/Simple-Mobile-T-mobile-bad-svc-no-refunds-Internet-864013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simple Mobile