forests

Reston, Virginia United States of America

Simplexity whereismyorder.com Refund Ripoff Reston, Virginia

*Author of original report: Absolutely no Help at all

*UPDATE Employee: Rubuttal Reponse

I bought a phone for my girlfriend on 3/1/11. The phone worked until 3/29/11. I called and asked them how I could get a replacement as the guys at the Sprint store said it was defective and I would have to work with the company I bought it from. I called Simplexity and told them I needed a replacement ASAP because this was my GF's only phone. They told me I could leave a $250 deposit and they would ship out the new phone next day. When they received the old defective phone, they would refund my money. The lady I spoke to called me back shortly after placing the initial authorization, she said that i should wait until I got the shipping label she was going to send me to use to send the defective phone back.

All during this Simplexity spoke of my Satisfaction Guarantee ending on the 7th of April. They never mentioned it as a deadline for me to get my deposit back.

Anyway, I sent the phone back when I was sure the new one was working. Sure enough on April 19th, Simplexity sent me an email saying that I would not get my deposit back because they received the phone after the April 7th deadline. It is important to note that I am on the West Coast and Simplexity is in VA. Their return shipping is Fedex Ground. I got the return label mentioned above on the 4th or 5th of April. There is no physical way I could have returned the phone to them before the April 7th deadline they were requesting.

After numerous calls with them, I hit dead ends. One conversation the woman said she would kick the complaint up to her superiors, then called me back three days later to say that my request had been denied. I called back immediately and spoke with a different supervisor who said she would check the status of my account and listen to the phone calls I had with the initial Rep who charged my card and sent the phone. What were they doing when they made me wait three days before?

The last straw was when I said that if they weren't going to refund my money, I wanted them to send back the defective phone so that I could sell it to recoup some of my losses, they said they weren't able to that either. So basically, in the end, they effectively took $250 from me without and services or products.

Total scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2011 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplexity/Reston-Virginia-20191/Simplexity-whereismyordercom-Refund-Ripoff-Reston-Virginia-722382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplexity

Absolutely no Help at all

AUTHOR: Fortunate911 - (United States of America)

So I called wirefly _ kim and they didn't know who you were and I got the same runaround that I've been getting all along. Again this company has stolen $250 of my dollars by not making their policies clear as well as not being able to provide in writing anything having to do with their policy that points to their arbitrary deadline to which they are holding me. Again, they got the defective phone back 19 days after they sent it to me and they still won't return my money or return the phone for which they took my $250 for.

Theft, plain and simple.

Rubuttal Reponse

AUTHOR: wirefly_kim - (USA)

Hi I work at Simplexity's HQ, and what you have described is deeply concerning to me.  Your experience is not one we want our customers to have, and it is certainly not one that should have happened to you or any customer.

I would like to review your order, see what happened, and resolve this for you as soon as possible.
If you would please contact me with your order number and the best contact number, I want to review this and address all of your concerns.

Please contact me by calling us at 1-866-852-3216 or send it to onlinesupport at wirefly dot com.  I hope to hear from you soon so I can get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible.  Again, this is not normal and you should not have had this experience with us.  I look forward to addressing all of your concerns.