Complaint Review: Simplexity

Simplexity

Simplexity Radio Shack Wireless Blackberry Cellphone Ripoff Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Kim or Stefan

*UPDATE Employee: Your Simplexity-Radio Shack order

I purchased a new Blackberry Torch 9810 with a new signup with AT&T via RadioShack.com on 4/13/2012. On 4/15/2012 I received a notification that I need to call Radio Shack customer service in regard to my order. Radio Shack customer service told me that I did not pass their so-called security check on my credit to open a new AT&T account. The customer service asked me to go to a local AT&T store and provide them with 2 forms of IDs. In addition, the customer service provided me with AT&T application number. I took the application number along with my IDs to AT&T Store nearby my residence (Rosemead Store). At AT&T store, the store manager assisted me to pull my credit report upon verifying my driver license. Store Manager knew that this account was originating from Radio Shack from my application number. I transferred my previous T-mobile cellphone number to this new account. I called back Radio Shack and now my order was completed. On 4/16/2012, I received the phone. Just recently, I received a bill from Simplexity that I owed them $400 for the phone. Simplexity claimed that I cancelled the account. This is not true. I still have the same account which I started on 4/14/2012 from Radio Shack.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplexity/internet/Simplexity-Radio-Shack-Wireless-Blackberry-Cellphone-Ripoff-Internet-Internet-880369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplexity

Kim or Stefan

AUTHOR: Mywuxia - (USA)

I've called 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Your office told me that my case has been escalated to Headquarters office. While your office has not updated my case, I am still getting emails to pay $400 for the phone and also phone calls.

The one that screwed up is Radio Shack and your company. You said yourself, it does not make sense, do you think me as customer make any sense at all? I opened a new account with a promotional $49.99 for Blackberry 9810 by Radio Shack and an option to transfer my previous phone number. Yet, I am being charged for $400 for the phone while the account is in good standing with AT&T since day one!

Your Simplexity-Radio Shack order

AUTHOR: wirefly_kim - (USA)

Hi  I work at Simplexity's HQ, and your post is very concerning to me.  What you say happened does not make sense, and it sounds like you should not have had that fee assessed.  I would like to assist you and understand what happened on your order.  If you would please call us at 866-852-3216 9am-9pm Eastern Time, M-F, and ask for Kim or Stefan, we will be happy to discuss your order issues with you and see how we can work to resolve this for you.  We look forward to hearing from you soon.