calculated

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By:Central Massachusetts Massachusetts
Simplicity Bridal
http://www.simplicitybridal.com Internet U.S.A.

Potential Simplicity Bridal Scam "Free Honeymoon" - just bring confimation code to our "product show" Internet

*Consumer Comment: My husband and I had a wonderful time.

I received a call from Simplicity Bridal the other day. They said I had been selected to receive a free trip to the bahamas for 3 days and 2 nights. All I had to do was go to a local hotel and bring the confimation code they provided in the phone call. By attending their product show we would be given our "free trip". I am always skeptical of "free" things. The first thing that tipped me off was that the person making the phone call couldn't tell me who "registered me" with their company. She said "someone" had registered me with their company and that I was selected for this trip. They routinely select approximately 20% of the registrants for this free trip. I asked how they make their selections and she said, "I just make the phone calls to the lucky couples selected - I'm not sure how they make the selections.".... hmmm.... uh huh. Now I was getting a clearer picture of what was going on here.

I did not attend the product show at the local hotel. So, I can't be sure if this was a scam or not. But, given that I'm planning a wedding in the near future - the last thing I need is my identity stolen or worse because I got roped into some scam... so - erring on the side of caution - my fiance and I did not attend this product show.

After having read the other posts about "Simplicity Bridal", I am more and more convinced we made the right decision to "lose out" on our "free trip". The same sequence of events as descibed in all the other posts happened here also (Central Massachusetts). Someone calls - a number of times - to tell you about your selection for this free trip. All you have to do is pick up your trip details by bringing your confirmation number to their product show (where your seats will be reserved) at a local establishment.

Again, since I did not actually attend this show - I can not say for sure if this is a genuine organization or if this is a scam. But, I got enough of a suspicious bee in my bonnet from their call to look up the organization on the internet - and given the solid number of scam related posts I turned up - I'm leaning towards scam.

I hope this post helps other people make an educated decision about how they'd like to proceed should they receive one of these calls.

Anonymous
Central Massachusetts, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2008 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplicity-Bridal/internet/Potential-Simplicity-Bridal-Scam-Free-Honeymoon-just-bring-confimation-code-to-our-pr-324458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplicity Bridal

My husband and I had a wonderful time.

AUTHOR: Kaittye - (United States of America)

My husband and I were also selected for this "free" trip. I was registered because I went to a bridal show and filled out a card. We did go to the show and the guy said from the beginning. we are giving you this free trip but you are responsible for taxes, transportation and any additional things you add to your package.

We sat through the hour and a half presentation and it wasn't bad they were funny and they fed us some food! but yes they tried to sell us a set of cookware at the end. We politely told them we were not interested in buying the pans we were only there for the free stuff. She handed us our packet and we left.

We booked our honeymoon we got married then took the honeymoon which ended up costing around 400 TOTAL! with air fair and the 90.00 in taxes! we had a wonderful time in Playa Car Mexico!

Since we have been back we have decided to purchase the products that were demonstrated at the show! and WE LOVE THEM!