Complaint Review: Simplicity Gourmet

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:minneapolis Minnesota
Simplicity Gourmet
simplicitybrides.com Golden Valley, Minnesota U.S.A.

Simplicity Gourmet I AM A FORMER EMPLOYEE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT IT IS A SCAM!! Golden Valley Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Current Simplicity Gourmet Employee

First of all just let me say that I am a former employee of Simplicity brides or simplicity gourmet,I worked there last year,I started in November and they closed our offices in January! I found the ad on craigslist and called the phone number in the ad, a man named Kai (manager) answered and quickly scheduled an interview for me,when I arrived in golden valley for the interview I met Kai and his boss Liz from TN. They hired me on the spot which I thought was a little strange but I did not ask any questions because christmas was coming up and I have a nine year old.

So I showed up for an "orientation" where I was basically fed a script once I proved that I could read all of the lies then I contiuned my training watching others who were doing the same thing to make a long story short, I called up brides and told them that they won a accomadations package for 2 to cancun or puerto vallarta or wherever (we were told not to say vacation) eight days and seven nights. The bride and her future hubby had to come to a local hotel and sit through a presentation then they would recieve there certificate for the package! all I know is that this was the most unprofessional place I have ever had the dis-pleasure of working for simply because they closed our offices down without any notice at all!!

To date I still have not heard from simplicty about my job there and I WAS PROMOTED TO A TEAM LEAD!!.The day they closed down I worked my usual 9-3 shift and walked to the bus stop with some co-workers,not even ten minutes later 10-12 co-workers showed up at the bus stop and said that our jobs were no more! just like that! I could only imagine what consumers of this company could be going thru because I actually worked for these SUCKA'S!!!!

Oh I almost forgot the best part about working there, ex-felons still living in a halfway house worked right along side of us and I am talking about sex offenders and the whole nine! And there was more then one fight and or shouting match that involved the managers (Liz and Kai).

Hadenuff
minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplicity-Gourmet/Golden-Valley-Minnesota-55427/Simplicity-Gourmet-I-AM-A-FORMER-EMPLOYEE-AND-I-KNOW-FOR-A-FACT-IT-IS-A-SCAM-Golden-Vall-402102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplicity Gourmet

Current Simplicity Gourmet Employee

AUTHOR: 3 Yr Employee - (U.S.A.)

I have been employed with Simplicity Gourmet for 3 years and 2 1/2 months. I even traveled to Minnesota from TN to help open the call center hadenuff was employed at. It is very unfortunate that the callcenter was only open for such a short time and I am truly sorry that individuals lost their jobs. But, I feel it is wrong to make inaccurate assumptions. For starters, although I was only in Minnesota at the onset, I assisted in setting up the office and interviewing and hiring employees. To my knowledge, I never hired any felons or sex offenders, unless this information was not on the application or shared during the interview process. As for being hired on the spot, there are alot of employers that hire on the spot, in the past I have gone on interviews and been hired on the spot, thats not so strange, perhaps it means being well qualified for a position, potential to be a good fit, in your case I don't know who you are or if I interviewed you, but are you doubting that you were qualified for the position. This actually leads to my next two points, the office was closed because there were not enough qualified applicants walking through the door and it was not profitable to stay open. As for the vacation and training, no one was ever told to tell a couple they won anything( so if you told someone they won a vacation, you were being misleading), as for accomodation pkg.vs vacation, to some saying vacation would lead couples to think that airfare was part of the package and airfare is not provided.

I truly understand being frustrated about the circumstances, but you just sound bitter and never truly understood the company or maybe didn't take it serious to begin with. Lastly, it was a nice, clean office and when I was there had a professional atmosphere( not sure abt after I returned home), but was sad to hear it closed. Not saying the job or company is perfect, what company out there is, all companies have pros and cons, go through growing pains and changes. It is what you make of it and if its the right fit for you. I've been given great oppotunities and learned alot. Have a Happy and Propersous New Year.