Complaint Review: Simplicity Gourmet,

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Lavergne Tennessee
Simplicity Gourmet,
Bain Drive Lavergne, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 615-287-9953
  • Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

Simplicity Gourmet, Customer Beware-Scam Lavergne Tennessee

*Author of original report: refund received

A friend of mine started selling this product and asked for me to simply listen to her demonstration to help her in training. I was impressed by the sales pitch, and my husband and I paid a down payment and filled out the paperwork. They tried to tell me that instead of the agreement we signed, that we would have to pay for the product for 6 months before they would send us the product. I told them that was not what I agreed upon, and to send me my down payment back. They said they would send me a check. That was before Thanksgiving, and it is now past Christmas, and I have not received money. I have called the friend and get no answer. I looked up the number and read these complaints, and called them. I got no answer. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Briget
Lavergne, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplicity-Gourmet/Lavergne-Tennessee-37086/Simplicity-Gourmet-Customer-Beware-Scam-Lavergne-Tennessee-406385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplicity Gourmet,

AUTHOR: Briget - (U.S.A.)

After over a month and a half, I finally did receive my refund. It took me calling and threatening them. I only wish their customer service was quicker. They knew they did not want to finance me as soon as they got their money, so they should have sent me my money back then. I needed that money at Christmas time. Now, in the process, I have probably lost the friend that works for them, because I got tired of hearing that they were sending the money, and not receiving it, that I called them up and was pretty rude.