Complaint Review: Simpson's Auto Repair aka Simpson's Conoco

• Submitted: Tue, December 03, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 12, 2003

• Reported By:omaha Nebraska
Simpson's Auto Repair aka Simpson's Conoco
50th and Happy Hallow Blvd Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Simpson's Conoco aka Simpson's Auto Repair ripoff Mechanic so dishonest it's ludicris Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Suggestion: Get new tires

This business screwed me and my family out of tens of thousands of dollars. With the money they made from us, they were probably able to buy a new house. These people are dishonest, and I encourage other's not to go there.

Last month I went there to have a tire patched. I was worried about going, but I had to get to school, and they were the closest auto repair shop around. I was suspicious when the mechanic couldn't even get the rims off my car, he asked me to move my car up. He pulled a nail out of my tire, and patched it from the out side. I punctured the hole in front of me, making it a lot bigger. He put a small rubber stick that was folded in half and some paste in the hole. He told me it was an old fashioned method of patching tires that always worked for him. He promised me that the patch would last for ever.

Forever ment one month to him. Now, my tire is completely flat again, but this time I have a huge hole in it(about a centimeter in diameter). I am never going there again.

Heather
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2002 10:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simpsons-Auto-Repair-aka-Simpsons-Conoco/Omaha-Nebraska-68104/Simpsons-Conoco-aka-Simpsons-Auto-Repair-ripoff-Mechanic-so-dishonest-its-ludicris-Omah-37070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simpson's Auto Repair aka Simpson's Conoco

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Get new tires

AUTHOR: Marla - (U.S.A.)

tens of thousands of dollars for a tire patch??? They could probably buy a new house??? If you paid that much money for your tire to be patched you are the one that is an idiot. The rubber piece in the tire is a way to patch a tire if you didn't know. Before you spent that much you should have just brought new tires, or maybe a new car since you are saying you spent so much money.