Complaint Review: Singer Lazer Storm - Sarah Robert Singer

• Submitted: Wed, September 28, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, November 11, 2005

• Reported By:Groveland Florida
Singer Lazer Storm - Sarah Robert Singer
4540 Worth Street Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Singer Lazer Storm - Sarah Robert Singer ripoff Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

*Consumer Comment: Live and Learn

*Consumer Comment: What is this about AGREEing to a 2nd set?

*Author of original report: No I don't THINK so...

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Johnnie K of Groveland, FL

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Johnnie K of Groveland, FL

I guess I'm a sucker just like alot of the reports I have read on the Singer Vacuum. It's the same story, no confirmation of amount charged on my credit card (never use your check card)totally automated.

But not 4 to 6 weeks, only 10 days, and FOUR VACUUM CLEANERS!!! There was no invoice or any paperwork, only the vacuums. I ordered buy 1, 1 free, with steamer and attachments, should have been approx $200, but my credit card was charged $371.67.

The customer service number is a joke, all automated and no option available for my problem.

Groveland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2005 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singer-Lazer-Storm-Sarah-Robert-Singer/Los-Angeles-California-90063/Singer-Lazer-Storm-Sarah-Robert-Singer-ripoff-Los-Angeles-California-158642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singer Lazer Storm - Sarah Robert Singer

GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

AUTHOR: Johnnie k - (U.S.A.)

Call Tactica/IGIA to get your money.

This telephone number & e-mail address was provided to me by the Singer Sewing Company.

It works I got my money back!

Email address: response@stormvac.com

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I found news from the Singer Website:

"On September 22, 2005, Singer terminated its License Agreement with Tactica International and filed a lawsuit to stop Tactica from further sales of Singer branded products, including the Lazer Storm vacuum. On September 29, the court issued a temporary restraining order against Tactica. The order prohibits Tactica from selling or advertising products bearing the Singer name."

I emailed this sight at Singer and they responded to me with this information:

"Tactica has set up both a toll free number and an email address dedicated to consumers who have purchased the Singer Lazer Storm and have an issue to resolve concerning this purchase.

Toll free phone: 1-800-974-8590

(Initially this line may be extremely busy, we ask that you attempt calling it at least a couple of days. We are confident that your call will be answered.)

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Now I know not to buy anything from TV infomercials.
AFTER turning my life over to IGIA/Tactica/Singer Lazer Storm I looked the company up at the BBB and this is the rating on this company.

"F" We strongly question the company's reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

After sending numerous emails CC'ing every known consumer advocate org. I could think of I just got another promise for refund which seems legit because I got a name, the main number and not one but 2 extensions.

My advice is to CC your emails to them with BBB, FTC etc. etc. etc.

What is this about AGREEing to a 2nd set?

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (U.S.A.)

What are these employee's talking about all these people agreeing to a 2nd set of vacuum's?? I think we were all let to believe by the information provided us on that bogus infommercial that we would order ONE vacuum and get the second free and then for an additional 20.00 receive the steamer. There was never any mention of ordering a SECOND set of vacuums!!! Why in the world would anyone do that?

No I don't THINK so...

AUTHOR: Johnnie k - (U.S.A.)

I ordered a vacuum cleaner which was buy one and get one free, and pay shipping for each, if I paid the balance in full, not payments of 3 @ 39.95, I would receive a free steamer and only pay for the shipping and I also ordered additional attachments for the steamer.

I was notified at my email address that I provided to the company that my order had shipped, weighting a whopping 48 lbs. (I wondered how 2 vacuums that supposedly each weigh the same as a gallon of milk could grow to 48lbs) Nonetheless I have a box with 4 identical vaccuums, I do not have any upgrades (which I did not order) nor do I have the steamer (which I did order).

Instead of your company responding to this report, how about emailing me the information that is needed to straighten this mess out!

RE: Johnnie K of Groveland, FL

AUTHOR: Carmela - (U.S.A.)

*** This is in response to your complaint about order with us, Lazer Storm Company

***About your billing order, you have purchased the B1G1 free offer and AGREED to get the second set and deluxe upgrade with it which comes with the steamer.

*** Thank you for your patience.

Company
Address:
4540 Worth Street
Los Angeles California 90063
Phone Number:
800-716-8667
Fax:

RE: Johnnie K of Groveland, FL

AUTHOR: Carmela - (U.S.A.)

*** Thank you for your patience.

Company