Complaint Review: Singer Lazer Storm

• Submitted: Wed, October 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2005

• Reported By:Sultan Washington
Singer Lazer Storm
4540 Worth Street Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Singer Lazer Storm Stay Away!, rip off artists, cons, dishonest, company charges you for items you didn't order or receive Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: I've just managed to get through to Lazer Storm had very heated words with them.

*Consumer Comment: Try this number (212) 575-0500.

I ordered my Singer Lazer Storm after seeing the advertising on TV. What a sucker I was!! Stay away from this product and the company!!! I honestlt cannot understand how a reputable company such as Singer can put their name on such a product, or allow this company to ruin their good name.

I received my vaccums, one of which didn't work. Then after checking the statement I found they had charged me for filters I didn't order, or receive, a steamer upgrade I didn't ask for, or receive, not to mention the $50.00 for shipping! Plus they were supposed to take three easy payments from my credit card, but instead took one large payment, then another smaller payment a week later. (was I stupid in believing they were going to be three easy monthly payments? lol)

When I tried to contact them regarding the vaccum that doesn't work, and the extra charges to my card,I found that their customer service is almost non-exsistant! I did receive an email which told me to call the 1800 number of customer support, I wrote back telling them that I had tried many many times and found that I was given no option on the phone that deals with complaints, all I got on every extention was a voice recording. (to which I have received no reply at all, nor for the rest of the emails I have sent)

After trying the vaccum, I found that it worked great if you only small area to clean as after doing a 5 x 5 ft area of carpet it had to be emptied repeatedly because it clogs up and won't suck. The filter HAD to be washed out everytime the vaccum was used because the smaller particles of dust/dirt would clog it up.

I am totally dis-satisfied with my purchase and would love to return it for the money back guarantee they offered. Somehow I doubt that I would ever get the refund if I couldn't speak with anyone, or get a reply from all the emails I sent. I'm now $225 out of pocket for something that was supposed to cost me under $100.(I know it doesn't sound alot to most people, but to someone like myself who can't afford a great deal of money believe me, it is.

Lynn
Sultan, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2005 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singer-Lazer-Storm/Los-Angeles-California-90063/Singer-Lazer-Storm-Stay-Away-rip-off-artists-cons-dishonest-company-charges-you-for-i-162163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singer Lazer Storm

AUTHOR: Lynn - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the info.

They say they will refund the money I was charged for items I didn't order and I didn't recieve (will wait to make sure I get that before I do anything else) They also said if I return the vaccuums they will refund the rest of the money, so I guess I can only try.(they won't refund the $50 + they charged for shipping, or for the return shipping of the goods)
Meanwhile my bank has refunded the extra two payments that have been taken out of my account. I will have to see what happens from here and report back if need be.

Be warned, that if you order these vaccuums and expect that they will take three easy payments out of your credit card account and thats it, you'd be wrong. They take what they call a deposit of $100 + first, then two more payments of $39.95 ( more if you don't check your bank statements.)

My husband is going to buy me a decent vaccuum that I won't have to empty 10 times to clean our living room :) And! I have learnt my lesson and will never buy anything from TV ever again!

Thank you again to whomever entered the Rebuttal!

Try this number (212) 575-0500.

AUTHOR: Diana - (U.S.A.)

Try this number (212) 575-0500. Demand to speak to a supervisor and tell them you want to cancel the order and get your money back. Call your credit card company and tell them what happened. I canceled my card so they couldn't take anymore money out. Even though I canceled my visa card they were still able to put the refund back into my account. Don't let this go. They will refund you. Even if you need to call them everyday.