• Report: #202574

• Submitted: Sun, July 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, July 23, 2006

• Reported By:Mount Pleasant South Carolina
Singer & Tactica - IGIA
1224 Heil Quaker Blvd. Lavergne, Tennessee U.S.A.

Singer & Tactica - IGIA Singer Sewing Company should be ashamed of themselves! Big rip-off! Paid for Lazer Storm Vacuum and never received it! Lavergne Tennessee

I ordered the Lazer Storm Vacuum from a television ad. They were offering a buy one, get one free, and $266.85 was charged to my credit card on August 9, 2005. By October 12, 2005, I still had not received my merchandise. I had been told I would receive it in 4 to 6 weeks.

I then contacted the Singer company by e-mail, and the following day (Oct 13, 2005) I received a response from Singer Consumer Affairs(TalkToUs@SingerCo.com) stating that Tactica/IGIA manufactured the vacuum and that on Sept 22, 2005 Singer terminated its License Agreement with Tactia International and filed a lawsuit to stop Tactica from further sales of Singer branded products. I was told to contact Tactica at customercare@igia.com and the phone number given was 800-716-8667.

I called the 800 # and spoke with a Valerie and was told the vacuum would ship on the 21st of October and to allow 5 to 7 days for delivery. I called again on Nov 9 and the 29th 2005, and always got a recording once I entered my order# and was told it would ship in 3 to 5 business days!

So I waited again! On December 7, 2005, I still had not received the vacuum! I called again and tried to work my way through their phone system to actually speak with someone, but that sid not go through, so I then sent an e-mail to customercare@igia.com (including the previous e-mail sent to Singer and their response), and asked that they credit my charge card and included my phone number.

Here it is July 24, 2006 and still no vacuum and no credit to my account. How on earth can companies get away with this and continue to sell their wares??

Also, shame on Singer Sewing Company for allowing their customers to be ripped off! I made the purchase for this item BEFORE they terminated their License agreement! They are guilty too!

Can you please help me? This is outrageous! I am sick and tired of being ripped off!

Sue
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2006 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singer-Tactica-IGIA/Lavergne-Tennessee-37086/Singer-Tactica-IGIA-Singer-Sewing-Company-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves-Big-rip-of-202574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singer & Tactica - IGIA