Complaint Review: Singervac.com, Windstorm

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 26, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Singervac.com, Windstorm
4900 Zambrano Street Commerce, California U.S.A.

Singervac.com, Windstorm Singer Vac Ripped off another Consumer Ripoff Commerce California

*Author of original report: Information From Singer

*Consumer Comment: Singer Has A Federal Injunction Against "Lazer Vacuum"

On 9/25/05 I ordered the SingerVac (as was advertised on TV) from www.singervac.com and was charged $176.27 on 9/30. As of today, 11/2/05, I cannot get hold of anyone at the company nor have I received my order.

The "Customer Care" email address is bogus, it was kicked back as "doesn't like receipient". So, I called 800.716.8667 (it says for faster service to email them!) and was on hold for over 45 minutes this morning, never did get to talk with anyone just listening to "please hold, your call is important to us" and finally had to hang up. Then I tried the 800-711-8357# listed on my credit card statement and it's constantly busy.

Deborah James should be ashamed of herself for advertising a company that is ripping off consumers.

I have reported them to the FBI Fraud Division this morning as well as this website and have disputed the charge with my credit card company.

Julia
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singervaccom-Windstorm/Commerce-California-90040/Singervaccom-Windstorm-Singer-Vac-Ripped-off-another-Consumer-Ripoff-Commerce-California-162999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singervac.com, Windstorm

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

This company is obviously still ripping people off! What a shame! I never did hear from the company at any time. My credit card company just took the charges off and thankfully, they've reappeared.

Is there not some way everyone can band together and get this false advertsing off the air?! I understand that companies (even RipOff Report) get paid for allowing advertising on their site, but shouldn't they be at least someway responsible for the accuracy of what's being advertised?

If everyone who used this site told ALL their family and friends about it BEFORE they get ripped off, many of these companies would cease to exist.

I came here today to check out www2.fatloss4idiots.com (which I found advertised on snopes.com). It sounded way too good to be true, so I checked them out - found two complaints! Both saying the same thing, no phone #, bogus email address - be wary!

Information From Singer

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

This is information I received from Singer Co. Hope this will help anyone who still needs to get a refund or file a complaint.

Thank you for contacting the Singer Sewing Company.

A company called Tactica/IGIA manufactures the home cleaning appliance that you refer to. On September 22, 2005, Singer terminated its License Agreement with Tactica International and filed a lawsuit to stop Tactica from further sales of Singer branded products, including the Lazer Storm vacuum. On September 29, the court issued a temporary restraining order against Tactica. The order prohibits Tactica from selling or advertising products bearing the Singer name.

Tactica has set up both a toll free number and an email address dedicated to consumers who have purchased the Singer Lazer Storm and have an issue to resolve concerning this purchase.

Toll free phone: 1- 800-974-8590 (Initially this line may be extremely busy, we ask that you attempt calling it at least a couple of days. We are confident that your call will be answered.)

Email address: response@stormvac.com

Cordially,
Singer Consumer Affairs

Singer Has A Federal Injunction Against "Lazer Vacuum"

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

I should have stated in my original compliant that the ONLY reason I bought this vacuum was the Singer name and reputation. After seeing all the complaints (and reading a few), I've disputed the charges with my credit card company and then went on a search for Singer to see what they had to say. I have copied and pasted here what I found on their website www.singerco.com:

FEDERAL JUDGE ISSUES INJUNCTION AGAINST TACTICA INTERNATIONAL, INC.

September 28, 2005, New York, New York:
On September 22, 2005, Singer terminated its License Agreement with Tactica International, Inc. Yesterday, Singer filed a lawsuit in federal court in New York seeking, among other things, an injunction barring Tactica from further sales of Singer and Lazer branded products, including the Lazer Storm vacuum.

Singer sought this injunction to stop further sales by Tactica because of complaints it is receiving from consumers concerning Tactica.

The court today issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting Tactica, effective immediately, from selling or advertising products bearing the Singer or Lazer names or trademarks, including Tactica's Lazer Storm and other products in its Lazer line.

The order permits Tactica to continue to make a certain number of limited additional shipments, through October 4, 2005, to customers who have already ordered and paid for their product but have not yet received it. Customers who ordered Lazer Storm vacuums or other products from Tactica may continue to contact Tactica about those products. Tactica's email address is customercare@igia.com and its toll-free customer service number is 800-716-8667 (business hours 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. EDT).

Once again, if it seems too good to be true, it is.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC