Complaint Review: Singh Electronics

• Reported By:Brampton Ontario
Singh Electronics
2955 Sandalwood Pky E Suite 15, Brampton, Ontario Canada

Singh Electronics Got charged even for not doing anything!! Brampton Ontario

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Still stand on my claim.

*Consumer Suggestion: NOT REALLY A RIP OFF

I took my Vehicle to get a double din Navigation to be installed. I visited the place a week before and asked and explained very briefly about what needed to be installed and described all the parts that has to go in......I was told that the labor was gonna be 85 dollars.

After gathering all the parts, I dropped my vehicle and I was told after few hours that one part was not working and to make this unit work I will need other module which cost 149.... I said ok to it.

So in the evening I went to pick my Vehicle and it was still not ready as the owner was still struggling to find wires......I wonder how they run thier business. Then I was told that the parts I ordered werent good. Come on they came from Crutchfield.I spent few more mins looking at how much stuff these guys know and after few mins I was questing them on have they ever done this before? I think not.......

So I asked to see the 149 part and what it was......... few wires attached to a chime bell...... I was like the vehicle already have a chime and it sounds when I open the door and turn on the ignition..........and I gave them the GM module that is made for Pioneer unit to keep my onstar and door chime

Anyways I told the guyto take it out as I dont want this........he did and gave me a bill of 80 dollars, if I wanted the module then I have to pay 200....
So few words exchanged and I told him that my friend has recommended this place thats why I came there but no....was the answer and I was ripped off for 80 dollars. Now my unit sits where my cup holders are, the dash is ripped......and the guys from futureshop willing to do it for 149.......

So stay away from all desi places, they dont know more than you.........as I felt that being on the computer I know more then them ...... not mechanically but I knew about all the modules and how they work.........
Not like them.... the blue tooth wire was placed in glove box instead of ipod wire.
I am not a futureshop or any big corporation fan but they have some morals and customer is listened too.......yes they do charge more but thats money wisely spent.

Kuljit
Brampton, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singh-Electronics/Brampton-Ontario-L6R-3J6/Singh-Electronics-Got-charged-even-for-not-doing-anything-Brampton-Ontario-453897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singh Electronics

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Still stand on my claim.

AUTHOR: ksingh7304 - (Canada)

I think I know what parts are needed and what part they play with the after market stereo system. I have given this guy all the parts I needed from Crutchfield which included Metros adapter GMOS, Steering wheel control PAC-S1 and all other stuff.Since I have 2 more vehicles where this system was installed.

I am not blaming any group here as I am Indian too, but I guess you never been to Brampton where this is very common. I think customer service in India was better as when you didn't get anything done, you dont get charged.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

NOT REALLY A RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Harman - (United States of America)

I understand that you're upset about the services provided from the company listed above. From my experiance in the mobile audio industry, $80 to install a double-din unit is very reasonable. However, depending on the make and year of the vehicle additional parts are required in order to properly install after-market products in compliance to factory systems. From what I have read in your report, the technician attempted to install a Pioneer after-market unit in a GM vehicle. The parts that they probably recommended based on my knowledge could have been a GM factory integration adaptor, which retails for $125-$150 from a Canadian retailer, but can be bought online at a cheaper price and a double-din mounting bracket (popular brand: Metra) which retails for $25-$40. Moreover, Pioneer does not supply any of these parts specific to your vehicle. The GM factory integration adaptor is not just a door chime, but also maintains other crucial important safety features of the vehicle which include (warning signs, OnStar car crash responders, car computer systems etc.). To be quite honest with you, the actual wiring in this type of a job (GM vehicle) takes no longer than 10 min. and is very basic. On the other hand the labour involved in removing the factory stereo can be time consuming depending on the vehicle. Lastly, I would like to conclude; a professional technician is not defined by ethnicity or corporate association but is rather defined by perfessionally and technically completing the tasks required beyond satisfaction. I think it could have been miscommunication, or other circumstances, not really a rip-off.