license

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Angry Cruiser with STI — Other United States of America
Singles Travel International

Singles Travel International STI Tour director on Cruise Abuses Power from STI...Inactivated my card making it impossible for me to leave ship, have massauge Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Completely False

The tour Director of the STI travel group does not understand there are some times on a cruise everyone drinks quite a bit.  A bit of wine gave me courage to ask my roommate from STI and HELL to leave the room and find another one.  She lied said she did not smoke, she was smoking constanlyt in the room. She had strangers over, and she insisted on waking up at SIX am for a 9 O' Clock tour.  I finally asked her to move rooms, she refused, I called the director, no go, then I called security.  What happened was the person making my vacation miserbble was UPGRADED to a suite, and my card was inactivated making it impossible to use the phone to ask my friends for help, order a coke and worse to GET OFF that SHIP (my cell phone was stolen in Spain).  After my friends notified I was in essence being held captive, the US Embassy stepped in, and I was escorted off the ship to Cannes France, but I was left standing at the dock trying to figure out how to get to the airport, taxis were few and far between major conference in Cannes, France, where i had NO airline ticket (it was from Barcelona) and after a great deal of money was able to get a flight to Frankfurt and home.

The situation was so bad I actually was scared I would never get off that ship.  To make matters worse the ex roommate started harrassing ME, following me around the pools, standing beside me and muttering things I won't repeat.

The abuse of power of a Cruise Tour Director and the Caption is unbelieve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2012 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singles-Travel-International/internet/Singles-Travel-International-STI-Tour-director-on-Cruise-Abuses-Power-from-STIInactivat-901384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singles Travel International

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Completely False

AUTHOR: Singles Travel International - ()

STI chose originally to ignore the post since reports on record with the cruise line were to the contrary, and we understood, based on a post cruise talk with this member that her position had changed. She admitted to too much alcohol and that it confused her perception of events. Conversations with her roommate were more congruent with her later story.

In addition, it's important to reveal that the member was originally in her own cabin (studio) but made acquantance with some of the members using our online features.  She found her own rooommate via those actions and asked STI to put them togeterh in the same cabin.  They were in contact with each other for months prior to the cruise and had organized additional travel in Spain together.

Our Concierge Team does not have the ability to make authoritative decisions such as limiting the purchase of alcohol on a cruise ship. That right is reserved by the cruise line and is imposed if they deem the situation a threat to the guest or to other guests. In this case, the member's right to purchase alcohol was revoked by the cruise line and due to security reasons, this guest was asked to disembark by the ship's authorities.

This is a clear case of misbehavior and not facing the consequences of her actions, but blaming everyone else.