• Report: #191256

Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Sirius Radio Rebate - Best Buy rebate ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: solution

*UPDATE Employee: Sirius Radio Rebate

I purchased two sirius radios, paid for 1 year annual subscription for both radios, then sent in my rebate form. This was done in 12/05. I received a postcard from Sirius Radio Rebate telling me that the request was declined because I did not include the original UPC from the box. I explained to them in a response that their instructions were misleading and clearly stated that I could EITHER send them the UPC OR send them the ESN/SID#. I sent in the ESN/SID# for both radios in 12/05.

I resent the same info from copies that I kept at the end of 2/06, PRIOR to their cutoff date for response. As of this writing, I have yet to receive any type of response. What a RIP-OFF this is. I was expecting a $50 rebate for both radios for a total of $100. I my letter, I included my phone number in the event that they would want to call,however, that did not happen either. I enjoy my Sirius radio, however, once my subscription is up I do not plan on renewing and Sirius will loose me as a customer not to mention the fact that I will continue to tell everyone I know that their program is a big RIP-OFF.

Tim
Monument, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2006 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Radio-Rebate/Phoenix-Arizona/Sirius-Radio-Rebate-Best-Buy-rebate-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-191256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Radio Rebate

solution

AUTHOR: Heather - (Canada)

if you re-submitted your information, then you should call customer service to check the status on it, and if you have to, ask for a supervisor....one thing i wanted to mention was that on the rebate link online, it DOES state what has to be sent in, and there is even a spot to enter everything in online to pre-qualify, so i don't know where the confusion would come in..not to mention, that right on the rebate form itself, it states what has to be sent in

Sirius Radio Rebate

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

As a current employee of Best Buy I am all too familiar with mail-in rebate offers that happen in our store. The rebates are from Sirius themselves... not from Best Buy. They just sold you the equipment. If you were to have bought them anywhere else the same rebates would have applied. It does take a while for them to come in and you also have to read them very carefully. If you omit some information or don't follow their implicit guidelines you will not see your money. Also, did you send them both in at the same time in the same envelope? Most don't allow multiple rebates to be sent in at the same time.