Complaint Review: Sirius Radio

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
Sirius Radio
1221 Avenue Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

Sirius Radio stole money from my credit card New York New York

I gave a one-year subscription to a family member as a birthday gift last year and charged it on my credit card. I had read, after the fact, about all the troubles other subscribers had getting customer service and having unauthorized charges placed on their credit cards, so I attempted to cancel the service prior to the one-year anniversary, which is when they charge your credit card again.
When I called to cancel the service, the automated system wouldn't allow me access to a real person because they said I had no account. After 4 attempts and not getting through to a real person, I noticed an unauthorized charge to my credit card for over $150 !!
When I called the number next to this charge on my statement, I got a real person, Sara, who kept me on the phone for 40 minutes and at one point said the manager authorized a refund, then at another point said a second manager did NOT authorize a refund. After asking to speak to a manager at least 3 times, and three times Sara putting me on hold to get a manager, Sara always returned to the phone--never a manager.
Sara explained that the reason I had no account in their computer was because my family member had to transfer the account when he received his radio as a gift. I asked why MY credit card was on HIS account. She never could explain this. I think this is fraudulant, to charge MY credit card for another person's service.

Lillian
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Radio/New-York-New-York-10020/Sirius-Radio-stole-money-from-my-credit-card-New-York-New-York-350904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Radio