Complaint Review: Sirius Radio

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Sunshine — Montague Massachusetts United States of America
Sirius Radio

Sirius Radio Poor business practices Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

in 2010 I bought a new car and was thrilled to have a trial with Sirius Radio. When the trial was nearly up, I was happy to sign on for a 3 year subscription and a very good rate. My subscription was to run until 2/14. In 2012 traded in and bought a new car. From the dealership I called Sirius Radio and was told the subscription from radio 1 would be transferred to radio 2.

On 12/27/12 I received an overdue bill from Sirius Radio in the amount of 311 dollars.The bill was date 12/19. I was surprised to receive an overdue bill for a service already paid for. First logged onto my Sirius account and connected with the Chat line. That was of no help. The person with whom I was chatting could not find clarity in any way shape or form. I kept a copy of that chat.

I then called Sirius and spent over 45 minutes on the phone, over 28 minutes of it on hold. First they told me that they would remit the amount owed to me to my debit card. I no longer have that card and it made me wonder if they had not tried to charge that care initially and that is why I got a late bill. I told them that I wanted a check in the amount of 181.34 mailed to me. The first person I spoke to told me I would be charged for the days after my subscription ran out.. I resisted and demanded to speak to a supervisor. I was on hold for over 10 minutes when the same representative came back and tried again to tell me that they would be happy to send me a check but for less than amount owed. I again resisted and demanded a supervisor. More time on hold and finally told that a check would be sent in 7-10 business days.

Today I contacted Sirius, first via the chat line. Again a waste of time with false promises and again I kept a copy of the chat. The person I was "chatting " with cut me off when I asked too many specific questions. So I jumped on the phone call merry go round.

I am told I will have a check soon.

I was happy with Sirius radio and would have been happy to remain a customer if not for the drama. Unfortunately they are the only show in town. And they seem to know it. I would stay away from Sirius. Shoddy practices, unprofessional. Good luck to anyone who has to deal with them. I believe that try to wear you down to make you just go away. I will not go away

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Radio/internet/Sirius-Radio-Poor-business-practices-Internet-992717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Radio

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi there -

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you transferred your subscription, you shouldn't have received a bill in the mail for a past due invoice. We would like the opportunity to change your experience around. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to review your account with you and ensure the status of your refund.

Thanks,