Complaint Review: Sirius Satelitte Radio

• Submitted: Fri, May 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 05, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Sirius Satelitte Radio
Po Box 34517 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Sirius Satelitte Radio excessively poor and indifferent customer service Newark New Jersey

I have been a yearly subscribing customer of SIRIUS and am fairly satisfied with the programing and service, however the astoundingly incompetent customer service reps in accounting are simply the most ill-equipped, untrained personnel I have ever experienced.

I paid for two years ahead and after a number of unannounced programming changes, such as the Young Turks and others which were summarily cancelled without warning, I contemplated changing my service to be a month-month payment system. In order to do this, I had to give them a credit card, and I did so with the agreement with the Supervisor Joshua on March 31, to mail a check for monthly service each month.

My check was returned to me, and I was told that I had "downgraded" my service and therefore, I would have to give a credit card in order to continue service on a monthly basis. Then I asked, could I be sent an invoice in order to pay what is owed. I was curtly told that I would be charged extra to be sent an invoice. Then, I found out that they charged my credit card without any notice, or even an email about the date by which this would occur. I stated in clear terms- I want to cancel my service if you do not want my check on a monthly basis. They agreed and despite the fact that I like (not love) but I like the service, that I would like to cancel it. They WANTED to drop me as a customer even after I asked if they WANTED ME AS A CONTINUING customer or not. They promptly said "NO" I am astounded that they were unwilling to take my check I sent- as if a two year customer is not good enough for them. They don't want my money I will be happy to cancel. This is by far the worst customer service people I have ever experienced. Worse than a bank!

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2007 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Satelitte-Radio/Newark-New-Jersey-07189/Sirius-Satelitte-Radio-excessively-poor-and-indifferent-customer-service-Newark-New-Jersey-246920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Satelitte Radio