Complaint Review: Sirius Satellite Radio

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Auburn California
Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Avenue Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

Sirius Satellite Radio fraud, theft, scam, rip off, credit collector, sirius satellite radio sirius radio sirius satellite New York New York

I purchased a satellite radio for my girlfriend for Christmas. To activate i called Sirius and paid appox $125 for 1 year of radio service. This service has no contract or term limit and can be cancelled at anytime. Approx six months later i purchased another radio for a different car. I called sirius and they told me they would add the second radio for an additional $6.00 per month payable upfront semi-anually. Approx 3 months later my radios stop working, i called and they told me they were sorry and they made them work, this kept happening about every week and i would call and get the same response. Recently i called them for the last time and asked them why my radio did not work - The customer care rep told me...because i did not have a valid credit card on file with them. I explained that i always pay upfront and they did not need a card number. The customer care rep told me i had to have a valid card on file before he could turn my radio back on. both the rep and myself agree, i do not owe them any money but i have to have the card on file so it can automatically renew next year. I told him i was unhappy with the service, and once i heard the new inflated price, i told him to cancel my service, since their is no contract. Customer rep said ok and we ended the call.

Damage Resulting
Now a collection company NCO is harrising me to pay the $78.00 or they will damage my credit. I tried to contact Sirius and they agree with the above info, but say they can not do anything about it because it was sold to a collection angent. I refused to pay for something i did not get. I have not paid and my credit is being damaged. Is there somebody that can help protect consumers from bully gaint companies that have no regard for the law? I will never do business with SIRIUS again and i continue to tell everybody i know how shady they are.

Xport Networks, Inc
Auburn, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 02:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Satellite-Radio/New-York-New-York-10020/Sirius-Satellite-Radio-fraud-theft-scam-rip-off-credit-collector-sirius-satellite-rad-354524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Satellite Radio