• Report: #202718

• Submitted: Mon, July 24, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 24, 2006

• Reported By:Klamath Falls Oregon
Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Avenue Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

Sirius Satellite Radio rebate ripoff New York New York

I purchased a SIRIUS Satellite Radio for a Christmas present. I submitted the $50 rebate form with the SID/ESN information from the box as requested before the end of January 2006.

In mid to late March 2006 I recieved a post card saying my SID/ESN information was lost and I needed to submit another copy by April 28, 2006. I submitted copies of the requested information, along with the postcard, as instructed, by April 15, 2006.

I have not recieved my rebate to date. I called 1-888-539-7474 today, 7/24/06 to ask the status. I was told I was not eligible for the rebate because I had not activated the radio before January 30, 2006. This was not part of the terms identified on the rebate form.

Daphne, the person responding to me call, informed me it was part of the terms & conditions, and that most people are aware they need to activate the radio before the rebate is paid.

I had heard SIRIUS was baiting people into purchasing the radio with rebates they never pay, so I was waiting to see if I would get the rebate before I activate the system.

I plan to return the murchandise to RadioShack where I bought the radio via their on-line store.

Cindy
Klamath Falls, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2006 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-Satellite-Radio/New-York-New-York-10020/Sirius-Satellite-Radio-rebate-ripoff-New-York-New-York-202718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius Satellite Radio