Complaint Review: Sirius XM Radio

• Submitted: Thu, July 23, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:New York New York
Sirius XM Radio
1221 Avenue Of The Americas, Nationwide U.S.A.

Sirius XM Radio Customer Service Scams Customer into more charges New York City New York

I write you in an unfortunately agitated state. I am starting this letter this way so that you understand the extent to which I am upset with Sirius XM's customer service.

Simply put: Sirius's customer service has chosen dollars over common sense and turned a customer who needed to cancel service into a former customer who feels scammed by Sirius. Not a smart move by them in this economy, when word of mouth about a company and its customer relations should be considered.

Earlier this year, on February 17, 2009, I called to cancel my Sirius radio service due to financial constraints. I had enjoyed the stations, and had hoped at some future point to be able to restore service. The customer service agent said she would let the service continue to the end of the quarter, and then - and I remember this clearly - it would expire. At no time was there any indication I would then be billed once again.

Yesterday, I realized my partner that Sirius radio had been left on, and so I called today to ask why it was still playing and to point out it should be stopped. At this time, the call was made because I truly believe I was receiving something for free and felt calling to make sure it was severed was the ethically responsible thing to do. Unfortunately, I was then informed that starting in May, I was being billed again after a three-month deal that I had agreed to.

Despite talking with three different people, the third of whom was Tanya / ID No. 02978, I was informed I would still be billed for the time since May. Despite my repeated explanations that the initial agent in February had obviously pulled a bait-and-switch, and that I had never agreed to have service restored, and had I know I would have called for service to be immediately cancelled on February 17, I walked away with little consolation.

Was I looking for any special bargain or deal? No. Was I looking for free service? No.

I was looking for Sirius to treat a customer properly, to understand that a customer was not fully and appropriately informed, and to be more understanding. And yes, to waive any fees charged to me since May.

Sirius should find a way to help resolve this, and to consider all other customers who may have been scammed this way. Customer service agents are supposed to help customers, not treat them improperly, and I feel that has been done.

It's a shame.

Thank you for your time, and I hope, attention.

Jeff
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-XM-Radio/nationwide/Sirius-XM-Radio-Customer-Service-Scams-Customer-into-more-charges-New-York-City-New-York-472718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius XM Radio