Complaint Review: Sirius XM Satellite Radio

• Updated: Fri, March 11, 2011

• Reported By: flashkill — Cocoa Florida United States of America
Sirius XM Satellite Radio
Nationwide United States of America

Sirius XM Satellite Radio Charged for service for radios I never used New York, Nationwide

I bought 2 radios online to give as a gift to family members. They came about a week later Stating that I needed to activate them in order to have service. I did not activate them, I gave them away, I didn't pay for service or anything because I bought them as gifts. A month went by and Sirius charged me $117 for xm service, which I have never used.
I called up Sirius XM and told the lady my situation, I had bought 2 radios online as gifts for family members and did not pay for a subscription, but I was just charged for one. She then told me I had activated the radio on my card and that was why I was being charged. I then told her I never activated the radios because I gave them as gifts and the family members do not have my card number so they could not have activated it on my card. I was then told that Sirius activated my radios on my card as soon as I bought them. I told her I had never used the radios and that they were given to family members and I was not paying for their service and they know that. She responded by telling me I can cancel for $75 if I don't want their service.
I have to pay for XM service even though I have never used it, they activated my radios under my card so they could charge me even thought they were gifts so they could probably get double when my uncle and mother paid for their subscriptions. Either way I am out money for services I have never used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2011 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-XM-Satellite-Radio/nationwide/Sirius-XM-Satellite-Radio-Charged-for-service-for-radios-I-never-used-New-York-Nationwid-705146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius XM Satellite Radio