Complaint Review: Sirius XM

• Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: lebensmittel — Canyon Country California
Sirius XM
1221 Avenue of the Americas New York, New York USA

Sirius XM Sirius XM will not pay me my refund! They also caused Identify Theft and won't do anything about it! New York New York

Horrible experience with Sirius...they owe me $100 and won't pay it!

I sold my car in February of this year so I canceled my service.  I was to receive a $99 refund. Sirius Listener Care had my old address in their system, so, as part of the request, I gave them my new address and asked them to send the check there.  Months went by...no check.  After several follow-up calls, I found out that the check had been mailed.  I asked for an image of the check.  When it arrived, it showed that the check was mailed to my old residence, and not my new one as requested.  Also, I saw that the check had been signed and deposited into a Bank of America account (I do business with Wells Fargo).  In summary, Sirius did mail the check, but it was not mailed to the correct address.  Someone stole the check and fraudulently deposited it into their own account.
I've been trying to get a correct refund for three months.  At last count, I have spoken to over 20 people in the Listener Care group, plus two people in Customer Relations.  I have spoken with people in Canada, New York and other call center...the accents sound like perhaps the Philippines.  I have had over 10 people said they would look into this and call me back, so far, with only one returning a call, but with no resolution.
After dozens of unsuccessful attempts with the Listener Care team, I called Sirius HQ and asked for Customer Relations...Reesa is who I spoke with.  She said she "called Corporate" and someone said that since a check had been mailed, that there was nothing more anyone can do.
All I'm trying to do is get a refund.  But, now, I'm also trying to make sure everyone knows of this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-XM/New-York-New-York/Sirius-XM-Sirius-XM-will-not-pay-me-my-refund-They-also-caused-Identify-Theft-and-wont-1137892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius XM