Complaint Review: SiriusXM Radio

• Reported By: The retired guy — el paso Texas United States of America
SiriusXM Radio
1221 Ave of Americas New York, New York United States of America

SiriusXM Radio SiriusXM Great Trial Period Deal Ripoff New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

In July 2012, after many sales calls to me to get a "great deal" on SiriusXM radio for my car I agreed to a 3-month trail service at a total cost of $17.00.  This charge was applied to my credit card and the service started.  In early October 2012 I asked in writing to the company to terminate my service on the renewal date.  I also stated that I did not want to call the 800 number because the representatives would again pass me around to convince me to enter into another contract or extend the trail period.  A week later I again wrote the company, this time to CEO Mr. Mel Karmazin to request in writing that my service be terminated on the renewal date and any information that the company has (my name, my phone number, and my address) be removed from their records.  Then I got an invoice charging me an extra $53.22 for the 3-month trial period that I already paid for.  I again wrote Mr. Mel Karmazin and expressed my displeasure in receiving a solicitation for additional money for a "great trial period offer" that I had already paid for: and I again asked the Sirius XM to terminate my service.  Now I am still getting calls from the 800 number trying to get me to pay even more money for a service that has somehow automatically renewed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiriusXM-Radio/New-York-New-York-10020/SiriusXM-Radio-SiriusXM-Great-Trial-Period-Deal-Ripoff-New-York-New-York-964185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SiriusXM Radio

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi there -

When our customer's agree to our Terms and Conditions, they agree to our auto-renewal and cancellation policies. Our cancellation policy states that all customer must call our 1-866-635-2349 number in order to cancel. If you still would like to cancel your subscription with us, either contact us by the number posted above or send us an email with your account/contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be able to assist you there.

Thanks,