Complaint Review: SiriusXM

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Sung — Reston Virginia United States of America
SiriusXM
New York, New York United States of America

SiriusXM Unauthorized charges for 18 months after canceling subscription New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

In July of 2011, I bought a new car that had Sirius radio. My old car, which I sold at the time had an XM radio. To transfer my account over, I had to call SiriusXM to cancel one account and activate a new one. I also had their Online Internet Radio service, which I also transferred.

Today (January 2013), I realized that SiriusXM had been charging me twice a month since July of 2011. I would have noticed sooner except one charge hit my credit card at the beginning of the month, and one at the end. I never noticed before because I assumed one charge was for a previous month whenever I did happen to see it. When I called SiriusXM, they informed me that while they had record of my cancellation, the original account had never been canceled. When I asked for a refund, they stated they could refund the radio portion because that was a physical cancellation, but not the online service portion.

I then asked them what the login on my TWO online services were. Both were the same email. I then asked them how it would be possible to use TWO online services for SiriusXM with the same username login. No answer, but they still would not process the full refund because to them, an online service that is active in their computer (whether physically usable or not) is some magical thing that is sending value to the end customer regardless of whether logged in or not.

I have been a loyal Sirius customer since around 2000 or earlier. Easily over 10 years. Today, I canceled my service completely. I will not deal with a company that is a) so incompetent and b) so unable to set things right for their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiriusXM/New-York-New-York-/SiriusXM-Unauthorized-charges-for-18-months-after-canceling-subscription-New-York-New-Yo-990891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SiriusXM

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi Sung -

We are sorry to hear about your billing situation. We would like the opportunity to help resolve your issue. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to review your account with you.

Thanks,