Complaint Review: SiriusXM

• Updated: Mon, September 19, 2011

• Reported By: Glen — Cedar Park Texas United States of America
SiriusXM
1221 Avenue of the Americas New York, New York United States of America

SiriusXM Sirius, XM Offshore support, Poor Billing practices, Extra Credit Card charges - New York, New York

SirriusXM came with the new Ford Edge we bought, and at the sixth month we got a call from their sales division to pushing a discounted promotion for an annual renewal ($113.56 instead of $153.53) .  They offered to split the bill  into two equal payments of $56.78 to be taken out on Sept 6th, 2011.  When we checked our bank records on the evening of the Sept. 6th we found they charged us the full price ($153.53) in a single payment.   So much for their promises from their sales department.

I then called their support to find that it is a call center located in the Philippines (after a 20 minute hold).  The person (Anita) who took the call offered to refund the overcharges (and informed us it takes 10 days to get the refund).  She then told me she had to charge our card for the new payment of $61.76.  I told her NO WAY, and that she should just lower the refund by the amount of the charge. She refused, and posted the charge.  I asked her to cancel the charge immediately, and she said she did.  Checking our account later that night revealed she had not canceled the charge and it was posted on our account.

I asked she transfer me to the cancellation center (23 minute hold) and told them I wanted to cancel our account and that they had to refund the money immediately.   They are in new Jersey!!  First they tried to offered be a deeper discount hoping I'd accept their apologies.  I told them that after the first screwup, I'd rather listen to FM.  Then I got a song and dance of how refunds had to go through their 'finance division' and would take a several days to process.    I immediately asked for a supervisor who I asked that if a measly merchant at the mall could reverse a charge in a few minutes. Why did it take 10 days.  The supervisor seemed indifferent to my problems, and just parroted what the representative said.

Do yourself a favor, cancel your SiriusXM account before they can get any financial information about you, and their meat hooks into your checking account.  It is now September 19th, and no refund has appeared, and once again (while I am writing this) I am on hold for over 20 minutes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2011 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiriusXM/New-York-New-York-10020/SiriusXM-Sirius-XM-Offshore-support-Poor-Billing-practices-Extra-Credit-Card-charges--778497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SiriusXM