Complaint Review: Sirius/XM

• Reported By: agjamie — Amarillo Texas United States of America
Sirius/XM

Sirius/XM Lifetime Ripoff, Internet

*Consumer Comment: XM did the same to me

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

Warning. Was sold a "lifetime transferable" subscription -- Turns out that it is not transferable at all. The subscription stays with the car. I pointed out that I asked about that before purchasing a "lifetime" of radio for a car. No one keeps car for a lifetime. They informed me that it was transferable. All I have to do is take the factory installed receiver and antenna off the car before trading it in and install it on my new car. Unbelievable!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiriusXM/internet/SiriusXM-Lifetime-Ripoff-Internet-836753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius/XM

XM did the same to me

AUTHOR: Mark 1960 - ()

I had purchased a new vehicle in 2010 with a built in XM receiver, had 2 lifetime subscriptions before, so I asked them if this would be transferable and they said yes. I traded my truck this summer (2013) and we asked to transfer the radio, they said not a problem but wait till your 3 month trial is up.

The 3month trial was up and I tried to get the subscription transferred and I got the same scripted message as they answered with here. So beware lifetime does not mean lifetime to these people, never once was I told I couldn't transfer my subscription even when I inquired about it.

the best bet is to beef up your iPod with what you want  and wait till there is a competitor for them

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi -

Unfortunately, unless the receiver was stolen or defective, a Lifetime subscription associated with
an automotive receiver is non-transferable. However, a Lifetime plan associated with a home, portable, or dock and play radio is transferable to another radio on the same platform up to 3 times at a fee of $75. For more information about Lifetime Plans, please click here: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3672/kw/lifetime%20policy If you have any additional questions, feel free to send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,