Complaint Review: SiriusXM

• Reported By: mechman1 — Mechanicsville Pennsylvania
SiriusXM
Internet USA

SiriusXM No vehicle transfers for lifetime subscriptions Internet New York

In October 2008, I purchased a new car equipped with SiriusXM and a 90-day trial period.  In February 2009, I called SiriusXM to purchase a lifetime account.  I asked about transferring the account should I buy a new car, and was told I could transfer the account up to 3 times for a charge of $75 each time.

Now, in July 2013, I am about to purchase a new car equipped with SiriusXM and Pandora.  I called SiriusXM Listener Care to ask about the procedure for transferring the account to the new radio, and was told that the terms and conditions of the lifetime account did not permit transfers after 2007.

The rep spoke with a manager who offered that the best they could do was to have me pay the difference between the cost for a 3-year service account and the amount I paid in 2008 for a lifetime account.

Since I have lost signals every time I drive under trees or when it is cloudy, and since I feel SiriusXM misrepresented their account package on purchase, I will no longer use them.

As a warning to others, there is a disclaimer on their website that warns that they change their terms and conditions occasionally, and that you should always check back to see how their current conditions now affect you (regardless of what they told you when you purchased their product).

The rep who tried to assist me confirmed that there were no notes on my account that the transfer limitations had been discussed with me, and that she more than understood my disappointment and anger.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiriusXM/internet/SiriusXM-No-vehicle-transfers-for-lifetime-subscriptions-Internet-New-York-1069485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SiriusXM